Oak Cross Country
- Our first practice is scheduled for Wednesday, September 8th. Students will need clothes and shoes to run in. They will also need to bring a water bottle.
- Practice is Monday through Thursday 2:30-4:00pm. If practice is cancelled, students will usually know at least one day in advance. If it is cancelled due to rain, students should listen to the announcement during school or at the end of the day so they know to take their bus home.
- Practice will begin at 2:50pm. They should report to the gym to go over any information they need to know. Most practices will take place in the football field next to Oak Middle School. Practices will take place on school grounds to prepare for meets.
- All students must arrange for a ride home from practice by 4:00pm everyday! They need to be picked up at the gym entrance of Oak Middle School. The coaches have other obligations to be at after 4:00pm. If students are not picked up by 4:15pm, they will be at the office for pick up. Please do not be late.
- There will be approximately five meets, starting on September 16th and concluding on October 14th. All meets will take place on Thursdays. More information about meets will be updated on the Oak Middle School Website and/or sent home with the students.
- The season should conclude on Thursday, October 14th.
- All students must attend practice everyday unless they have an excused absence. If you are absent you need to bring a note in from your parents the next practice explaining why you missed. Students who need to be excused from practice must make prior arrangements with the coaches. If the practice is missed or unexcused, students may be asked to leave the team or ineligible to compete in the next meet.
- All students on the Cross-country team will be given a uniform to wear at the meets. All runners must take care of the uniform (shorts and shirt) during the season. They are to be washed and returned at the conclusion of the season.
- Notices will be sent home periodically updating times, practices and directions to meets.
- All students that have signed up are encouraged to run on their own. They should run at least 15-30 minutes a day depending on ability, starting slow and progressing up to 30 minutes, if possible.
- All athletes must bring a water bottle to practice with their name on it!
- Any student requiring an inhaler or epi-pen must bring one from home-to be kept with student at all times with your name on it.
- Nurses are not accessible after hours.
- No medications can be given by cross-country staff. Please refer to nurse’s letter.
- We expect our athletes to act appropriately and kindly at all times. We are a school team that reflects the core values of Oak Middle School. Any misbehavior that does not reflect those values will not be tolerated. That athlete may be asked to leave the team.
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Clubs and Special Programs
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Summer Theme Experiences 2021
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.