Oak FRENCH CLASS NEWSLETTER
In this third newsletter, we are happy to tell you that we are making progress as we now get into deeper French content and have been able to connect on a more consistent basis with students in the past few months. Students have been assessed on a unit of study in each level and are working on harder concepts now as we get into Trimester 2.
You will continue to receive these letters electronically and they will also be posted on your child’s French Schoology page. Our goals are Proficiency and Communication. This approach encourages the use of the target language during all classroom activities.
In Grade 7 we have completed the first section of unit 2, Vive l’école. Students have been learning about school subjects and schedules. They are working to learn numbers 0-60 and time. After the break, they will also be able to give their opinions about classes and study the culture of the French school system versus our United States school system. The unit will tie up with assessments on the ability of students to write/read/speak about their schedule noting times, their opinion of the classes and which they have or do not have on specific days.
In Grade 8 our students are in unit 5 entitled, On va au café! Students are learning how to order food and beverages in a café or a restaurant. They will be comparing food choices and expressing preferences and opinions. Students will act out a café scene to demonstrate their proficiency as a waiter/waitress and as a customer.
Our Grade 8 Students will be placed in a leveled World Language Course at the high school for the 2022-23 school year between February 28 and March 11, 2022. More information on this process will follow in a separate letter.
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
Clubs and Special Programs
- Community Service & Leadership
- Oak Chess Club (opens in new window)
- Science Fair Club
- Student Council
- Diversity Club
- Wachusett Ski/Snowboard Program
- Silent Book Club
- Destination Imagination
- Maker's Workshop (opens in new window)
- Oak Ukulele Club
- Signing up for Sports, Activities, and Permissions on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Clubs and Special Programs
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.