Oak FRENCH CLASS NEWSLETTER
BONJOUR NOS PARENTS! C’est enfin la rentrée! It’s is finally “Back to School!”
We are very happy to have started this school year with all of our students in class this year and not on Zoom! This is the first of our monthly French Newsletters. The contents of each Newsletter will give you a general idea of what we will be teaching in class.
You will receive these letters electronically and they will also be posted on your child’s French Schoology page. Our goals are Proficiency and Communication. This approach encourages the use of the target language during all classroom activities.
In Grade 7 our students will be learning about Faisons connaissance, introducing themselves and greeting others in French. Students will learn how to express how they feel, talk about their age, and state things and activities that they like or dislike. They will learn the alphabet, numbers to 20, and salutations.
In Grade 8 our students will be learning activity/pastime vocabulary: Sports et Passetemps: how to describe what sports and activities they like to do, invite others to join them, and accept or turn down invitations to do activities. Students will be able to express opinions about other students’ activities. Students will be able to use the irregular verb faire and review the conjugation of first conjugation verbs that end in er.
We appreciate your support in encouraging your child to practice and to use the language whenever possible. We wish you a happy school year! Please note that Curriculum Nights are 9/29 for Gr 8 and 9/30 for Gr 7 in Oak Auditorium at 6:30- 8 PM.
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Clubs and Special Programs
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Silent Book Club (opens in new window)
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Summer Theme Experiences 2021
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.