Oak FRENCH CLASS NEWSLETTER
In this fourth newsletter, we come to you toward the end of trimester two. At this point, we are learning to utilize verbs to give depth to speaking and writing, and we are looking to test on current units soon.
In Grade 7 we have put a lot of focus on the French school schedule and how to understand it; how to read it and how to respond to questions about it. Students are able to give their opinion of their classes and also say when the class happens each day and at what time. This unit will tie up by the end of trimester two. We are going to move on to unit three, which is La Rentrée (back to school). In this unit, we learn how to talk about school supplies and how to shop for them. We learn colors, demonstrative adjectives and conversations we would have at the store.
In Grade 8 our students finishing unit 6, Amusons-nous! Students have practiced with the group of irregular verbs in situations where they create conversation to ask friends to do things, and then accept or decline with reasons why they can or cannot go. We will be moving into La Famille next, where we will study the vocabulary about family relationships and many adjectives to describe people. This unit covers possessive adjectives, hair and eye agreement with colors and the ways that adjectives change to agree to their subjects.
As always, we appreciate your continued support and communication. Please remind your child to check for work that should be done and keep encouraging turning on the camera, focusing in class, and doing their best!
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 20-21
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Remote Learning Support and Resources
- Nursing/Health Office
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2020-21
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Oak Reopening Plan 2020
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.