Oak Chinese Class Newsletter
Dear parents and guardians,
你好 Ni hao!
These two months flew by and all students are working hard on improving their Chinese language skills!
In grade 7, we learned: introduction of China, Pinyin system, greetings, classroom languages, students' Chinese names, and numbers. We also did 1 quiz on the Pinyin system and will have another quiz soon for numbers. We are moving forward to learning about family members this month.
In grade 8, we reviewed what we have learned in the past two years in speaking and writing. Now we are learning the first lesson of Nihao book 2, which is about telling people's birthdays and dates in Chinese. We will have the listening quiz soon and also work on the speaking project with partners.
Quizlet links include all the vocabularies covered in class:
(all of the vocabularies in Nihao Book 1&2)
Please remind your child to check Schoology regularly. In-class assignments, homework, and grades are posted there. Your child should be able to show you their work.
The parent conference sign-up links will be sent out by email soon, please make sure to set up a meeting since each teacher has limited availability on November 11th.
Thank you for your supports all the time! If you have further questions, you are always welcome to email me. My school email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yuan Meng / Menglaoshi
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Clubs and Special Programs
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Summer Theme Experiences 2021
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.