Oak Middle School Design Lab
What we are learning in Design Lab at Oak...
Hello OMS parents and guardians,
I wanted to give you a quick Design Lab update so you know what your child has been working on in class. Students have been learning how to design 3D models on the computer. They know how to add measurements and use various design constraints to make their models more accurate. We are now diving into our main engineering design project where students will choose an authentic need or problem that can be solved with a 3D printed solution.
We spent the last few days focusing on empathy. Students made observations around school, talked with their teachers and friends, and researched some ideas. In class tomorrow, they will commit to answer the "who", "what", and "why" of the project. What is the specific need/problem they will solve? Who has this need/problem? Why is this need/problem important to solve?
Students will define design criteria and constraints before beginning to brainstorm possible solutions. By the end of the week, students will be prototyping their ideas.
If you have any questions about this project, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Design Lab Mobiles
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Shrewsbury High School English Summer Reading 2022
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.