Cross Country Program
Oak Middle School
Cross Country at Oak Middle School is an interscholastic sport. This is a competitive program against other schools that prepares student athletes for the varsity running programs offered at the high school, not a club. Students coming from lower grade running clubs should expect more rigor.
In practices we prepare all athletes for competition and expect full participation. We expect all athletes who sign up to be at every practice, and put forth best effort to run for long distances. Cross Country is as much a team sport as it is working on improving individual times. We challenge our runners with conditioning exercises so as to run for distance without walking.
Please consider carefully whether you are interested in intense physical aerobic activity before signing up.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CROSS COUNTRY
To register, there are several steps required. Please complete all steps below:
- Parents will need to go to the Parent Portal on PowerSchool and click on the Sports and Activities tab on the left. Click "Oak Middle School Sports" on that site.
- Click on the link for the “Colonial ID Form” at the top of the page and complete all the required information. To submit, click the blue button that states "I certify that this form is being submitted by both parent/guardian and the student-athlete named above".Return to the Sports Page and choose "Cross Country SignUp" and click SUBMIT. The $100.00 athletic fee DOES NOT need to be paid before students can be registered. Parent do not need to also pay the Activity Fee for Cross Cross Country.
- The Concussion Training Manual referred to on the Colonial ID Card can be found at the HERE. Both parents and students will need to read and sign off that they have read the Concussion Manual (sign off is located on the bottom of the Colonial ID form).
- Provide a copy of a physical exam completed on or after 07/29/2021. This paperwork should be dropped off to the School Nurses’ office.
- All forms need to be completed in full by 08/26/2022 to participate in the program.
For Cross Country
Practice begins on September 7th (Wednesday) and be held on Monday - Thursday of each week. Students will need clothes and shoes to run in. They will also need to bring a water bottle.
Students must have all paperwork completed and turned into the nurses' office by August 26th in order to participate in practice.
Practices will be from 2:50 PM - 4:00 PM
There will be five meets which will start on September 15th. Some are away and some are home. All runners will participate in home meets, and away meets will be determined by the number of buses available.
The season should conclude on October 19th.
- Welcome to Oak Middle School
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Clubs and Special Programs
- After School Activity Program
- Signing up for Sports, Activities, and Permissions on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Play-Out Club (opens in new window)
- Oak Latin Club
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 22-23
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2022-23
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
- Sports Registration
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.