Oak Middle School Questions
- What if you are late for school?
- What if you forget something at home?
- What if you get sick or injured during school time?
- What if you have to get dismissed early from school?
- What is the Parent Portal website address?
What if you are late for school?
If you are late to school you should have a signed note from a parent or
guardian explaining the reason for being late. You will report to the main office, sign into the
computer, and receive a tardy slip that will admit you to class. Excessive tardiness is not acceptable.
Please refer to the attendance policy above.
What if you forget something at home?
Parents may only drop off essential items (such as medications or eye glasses) to the school nurse. If a nonessential item is dropped off for you, it will be placed in the bin by the main office; it is your responsibility to pick the item up in between classes or with teacher permission.
What if you get sick or injured during school time?
The school nurse will decide if there is a need to leave school or seek further medical attention. In such cases, parents or guardians will be notified. This is one reason accurate and up to date emergency information is needed. You are not to call home to ask a parent to come to pick you up. The nurse will handle this.
What if you have to get dismissed early from school?
You must bring in a signed note to the Main Office in the morning. You will enter your information into the computer and you will receive a dismissal slip.
When it is time to be dismissed, you will show this slip to the teacher, and then bring the slip to the
main office where you will be dismissed. A parent or guardian must come into the building to sign
out a student; the student may not leave the building without the adult present.
- Welcome to Oak Middle School
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
Activities & Clubs
- Clubs and Special Programs
- After School Activity Program
- Signing up for Sports, Activities, and Permissions on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Play-Out Club (opens in new window)
- Oak Latin Club
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 22-23
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2022-23
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.