IPAD LICENSE RULES
- iPad license will be on my home screen at all times.
- I will carry and use the iPad safely, responsibly, and with care. The school- issued case will be on the iPad at all times, including the provided cover or protective sleeve.
- I will not use the iPad in the no iPad zones (locker room, bus, cafeteria, bathroom, AM homeroom), unless directed by a teacher.
- I will not allow other students to use or handle my iPad, unless directed by a teacher or parent.
- I will not play games on my iPad in school.
- I will leave all settings as installed, not rename my iPad, and will not remove the iPad from the management system by deleting installed profiles.
For each license violation warning, students will receive a strike on their iPad License
1 strike = Verbal Warning
2 strikes = Team Consequence (Discipline Log)
3 strikes = Administrative Consequence (Referral and Discipline Log)
Beyond 3 checks would result in a parent meeting and possible loss of all iPad privileges.
The iPad is an academic tool and its use must meet the guidelines of the Acceptable Use Policy of Shrewsbury Public Schools.
Camera Acceptable Use
- I will use the camera for educationally relevant purposes only, both in and out of School and will only take pictures. videos. and audio recordings (or use those taken by others) when given permission from a teacher.
- I will not photograph, video or make an audio recording of any teacher, student, or person without permission.
- I will not create. or encourage others to create. discourteous or inappropriate content (photographs, videos, audio recordings).
- I will promptly inform a teacher or parent if I receive any inappropriate pictures. videos or audio recordings.
- I will immediately report students who are inappropriately using the camera/video/audio features (example: posting to social networking sites) on any mobile device to a parent, teacher or administrator.)
- I understand that all images/videos/audio reco1d1ngs on my iPad are not private.
- I understand that my iPad may be selected at any time tor Inspection by teachers and/or administrators.
- I understand that should I violate this contract, the consequences could be the removal of all network access, suspension from school, and legal action by the authorities.
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 20-21
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Remote Learning Support and Resources
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2020-21
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Oak Reopening Plan 2020
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.