The school nurse position at OMS is shared by two RN's - Lisa Arteca and Maureen Pellizzari. Please feel free to contact us anytime with any questions or concerns you have about your child. You will find our contact information below. To ensure that you receive a timely response when emailing us, please use our shared address.
Just a couple of quick reminders:
- If your child has an extended absence due to injury or illness please notify us. We will verify the absences and assist you with the process for support and/or homework.
- Under NO circumstances should medicine other than epipens or inhalers ever be transported on the bus, or brought into school by a student. Parents must bring any/all medication to the school nurse. Epipens and inhalers are kept in our Nurses' Office, but we ask that you provide your child with an extra one to keep with them if they participate in school sponsored sports or are involved in after-school activities.
- Emergency contact information should be kept up to date. You will be given instructions that allow you to enter information via the Power School Parent portal. Please include all pertinent numbers for yourself, your spouse or significant other, as well as email addresses. This also applies for people you designate to pick up your child in your absence. Please ensure you have informed them that they have been listed as an emergency contact.
- NEW IN 2020 and going forward: In order to comply with the MA School Immunization Requirements, all students entering 7th grade must have a documented Meningitis vaccine (Menactra/Menveo) and Tetanus booster vaccine (Tdap) on file at school. If your child is entering 7th grade, please ask your primary care provider for this documentation and forward it to us at school as soon as possible.
- Students who try out for, or participate in, Oak Middle School interscholastic and Unified Sports must have a physical exam on file that is dated within 13 months of the start date of the sport. For example, an exam performed on 9/1/2019 will be valid until 10/1/2020. This is required by the MIAA and there can be no exceptions.
Below you will find information and printable forms along with a link to the Nursing Department main webpage that may be useful. We hope that you will check back often for updated health and safety information.
Lisa Arteca, MSN, RN
Maureen Pellizzari, BSN, RN
Ms. Arteca (left) Ms. Pellizzari (right)
- EpiPen Recall Information for Parents
- MA Immunization Requirements for School Entry
- MA Immunization Guidelines for Adults
- Heads Up Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents
- 2015-16 Concussion Report to School Committee
- SPS Concussion Manual
- E-cigarette info for parents
- Flu Vaccine Guide for Parents
- Head Lice (Pediculosis capitis) Fact Sheet
- Lead Levels in Children
- LGBTQ Family resource (PFLAG.org)
- Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet
- MRSA Fact Sheet
- MRSA FAQ's for Parents/Students
- Parent Power - Drug and Alcohol Resources from MA DPH
- Parent Tool Kit
- Recovery Support Info from MA DPH
- Shrewsbury Coalition for Addiction Prevention and Education (SCAPE)
- Social Host Law Information for Parents
- Summer Safety Tips
- Tick Season Information
- Tick Identification Card
Resources re: 13 Reasons Why:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.