2023-2024 Bus Routes Available as of August 22, 2023
Bus routes for the 2023-2024 school year have been released in the Powerschool parent portal. Please note that the change in school start times will have an impact on your pick up and drop off times, and your bus stop and bus number from previous years may be different as a result.
Please be advised that registrations and payments received after August 11, 2023 may not be processed until up to two weeks after the start of the school year due to the potential need to rearrange routes due to later registrations. This does not apply to new families who recently moved to Shrewsbury or have children entering kindergarten.
Parent Portal is open for 2023-2024 Bus Privilege Registration from August 1, 2023 through August 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM
Please note that the Powerschool parent portal remains open for 2023-2024 bus registrations. For all the new families who just moved to town, welcome! Please register for your children's bus service at the parent portal. Late fees do not apply to families who have recently moved to Shrewsbury or have children entering kindergarten.
For all late registrations pertaining to students already enrolled in Shrewsbury Public Schools during our spring registration window [April-June 30, 2023] and missed the deadline of June 30th, there will be a $50 late fee automatically applied to your account when you register.
For the families who partially registered but didn't pay before the June 30th deadline, there will be a $50 late fee automatically applied to your account when you pay.
Bus routes will be generated and released on August 22, 2023 for the students who registered and paid before the deadline of August 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please note that registrations and payments received after August 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM may not be processed until up to two weeks after the start of the school year due to the potential need to rearrange routes due to late registrations. This means that current students not registered and paid by August 11 may not have transportation until September 12.
April 3, 2023
We are pleased to announce the official opening of the 2023-2024 bus registration process. Please be advised that the new start times for all our schools will take effect on the first school day of 2023-2024 school year. These changes were voted by the School Committee on January 25th, 2023 after a lengthy process. Start and end times for the 2023-2024 school year are shown in the table below:
We have three important messages to highlight here:
THE BUS REGISTRATION PROCESS WILL BE OPEN FROM NOW UNTIL JUNE 30, 2023. IT WILL BE CLOSED FROM JULY 1, 2023, UNTIL EARLY AUGUST, AND WILL RE-OPEN ON APPROXIMATELY AUGUST 7TH.
- Bus registration and payment must be done via the PowerSchool Parent Portal for students attending Shrewsbury Public Schools and via the Google form for students attending Assabet Valley Reg. Technical High School and all private schools. For 8th graders who will be attending St. John’s High School and Assabet Valley RTHS, please do NOT register for bus via the parent portal. There is no “processing charge/convenience fee” for online payment of the bus fee and both credit cards and debit cards are accepted.
- All of the regulations and rules pertaining to bus ridership eligibility and the requirement to pay a fee are posted on our website under the Transportation link. Please read them carefully and access the FAQ if you have questions.
- If your child has a negative food service account balance or owes a fee for some other additional service, then you will be blocked from bus registration until all overdue payments are made.
Despite a 6% increase from our transportation vendor, the bus fee for the 2023-2024 school year remains at $320/student with a $960 family cap.
For all in-district students, please register now by clicking on the link below:
If your child is an 8th grader and will be attending St. John’s High School or Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School in the 2023-2024 school year, please click the following link:
Any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Bus Transportation
The transportation program of the Shrewsbury Public Schools is one of many services that the district provides to support the education of its students from kindergarten through grade 12. The three-tiered system (high school, middle school, elementary) transports over 4,500 students each day using 48 buses/vans. The District has a contract with AA Transportation through school year 2027-2028 to provide this service.
All Shrewsbury Public Schools, all private schools in Shrewsbury, and Assabet Valley Regional Technical HIgh School:
Bus Privilege Registration
- Free/Reduced Lunch Privileges
- Route/Bus Stop Communication and Changes
- Parental Responsibility
- Student Discipline
- Before/After School Care Alternate Location
- Route Planning
- Snow/Emergency Cancellations
- Emergency Evacuation Drills/Cancellations
- Video/Audio Recording
- Early Dismissals
- Missing Child
- Policies and Procedures (opens in new window)
- Private & Vocational School Transportation Registration
- Late Bus Information
- Dismissal Information For Early Release Days Due To Professional Development
- Bus Discipline Procedures and Consequences (opens in new window)
- Transportation FAQ's
- AA Transportation, Inc. (opens in new window)
- Bus Safety
- Change of Address
- Find Your Elementary School
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.