Please note that the parent portal is open on August 8th for new bus registrations. For all the new families who just moved to Town, Welcome! Please register for your children's bus service at the parent portal.
For all the late registrations that missed the deadline of June 30th, there will be a $50 late fee automatically applied to the account when you register. For the parents who registered, but didn't pay before June 30th, there will be a $50 late fee automatically assigned to your account when you pay.
Bus Routes will be generated and released on Monday August 22nd for the students who registered and paid before June 30th. For all the late registrations, please allow us 10 business days to create the bus routes.
Please note that the mask mandate has been lifted as of March 4th, 2022, per update from Dr. Joseph Sawyer, Superintendent of Schools.
August 23rd, 2022
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
We want to communicate the following information regarding school bus service:
- If you have registered and paid for the bus, you may now access your child's busing information via the Parent Portal. Please note that some bus routes may have changed, so your child may have a different bus number or pick-up/drop-off times than in past years. Please check each child's bus information if you have two or more children in our district.
- If you registered and paid after August 12th, please allow up to 10 business days for the bus routes to be created and bus drivers notified. We always try to do this process as quickly as possible.
- It is optional to wear a mask on the bus.
- There are no assigned seats nor seating capacity limitations due to Covid this year.
If you have questions, you may contact April Yu at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 508-841-8363.
Finally, while we publish specific pick-up and drop-off times, please understand that these will vary based upon local traffic and weather conditions.
Students should be waiting at their bus stop at least 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time to ensure they do not miss their pick-up. It always takes a couple of weeks for bus routes to settle into a more consistent pattern. Please be patient.
Thank you very much for entrusting us to provide bus transportation to your children. Your understanding and support is highly appreciated.
We hope you and your children have a great school year!
SPS Transportation Team
School Bus Transportation
The transportation program of the Shrewsbury Public Schools is one of many services that the district provides to support the education of its students from kindergarten through grade 12. The three-tiered system (high school, middle school, elementary) transports over 4,500 students each day using 48 buses. The District has a contract with AA Transportation through school year 2022-2023 to provide this service.
All Shrewsbury Public Schools, all private schools in Shrewsbury, and Assabet Valley Regional Technical HIgh School.
Bus Privilege Registration
- Free/Reduced Lunch Privileges
- Route/Bus Stop Communication and Changes
- Parental Responsibility
- Student Discipline
- Before/After School Care Alternate Location
- Route Planning
- Snow/Emergency Cancellations
- Emergency Evacuation Drills/Cancellations
- Video/Audio Recording
- Early Dismissals
- Missing Child
- Policies and Procedures (opens in new window)
- Private & Vocational School Transportation Registration
- Late Bus Information
- Dismissal Information For Early Release Days Due To Professional Development
- Bus Discipline Procedures and Consequences (opens in new window)
- Transportation FAQ's
- AA Transportation, Inc. (opens in new window)
- Bus Safety
- Change of Address
- Find Your Elementary School
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.