OAK SPANISH CLASS NEWSLETTER
Hello, parents and guardians!
In grade 7, students are beginning a new unit. While still working with classroom vocabulary, students are using their descriptive skills to talk about what items are present in a space and where they are located. This chapter’s cultural highlights include comparisons of schools in Spanish-speaking countries with local schools.
In grade 8, students are working with sports and pastime vocabulary; they are perfecting their use of the verb jugar (to play) and will soon be inviting others to do activities with them and learning to politely accept or decline invitations. Cultural notes in this chapter center on comparisons of popular sports and pastimes (Spanish-speaking countries v. US).
Important dates for 8th graders
● SHS Curriculum Night Webinar: Tuesday, February 23th at 6:30pm; please see the OMS weekly update from 2/21/21 for the link and more information.
● Course recommendation review, selection from SHS’s program of studies (online at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qBcncWuiAoBZGPbRgZ-u6f9wKkK1m_e36VZZcAN_q4s/edit?usp=sharing), and completion of the “worksheet”(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LVOrMUHQ_3eLQObvG0bEXmlr57SN0Oya/view?usp=sharing): Feb. 22-Mar. 4 in preparation for course sign-ups. Course selection website: https://schools.shrewsburyma.gov/oak/grade-8-high-school-sheet-intro
● Course sign-ups: Week of Mar. 8 (on team)
We appreciate your continued support in encouraging your child to persevere in their studies during this challenging time and situation. We appreciate you exhorting them to practice, to complete assignments on time, and to use the language whenever possible.
Wishing you a happy and healthy month of March,
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 20-21
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Remote Learning Support and Resources
- Nursing/Health Office
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2020-21
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Oak Reopening Plan 2020
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.