Welcome to Oak Middle School
Dear OMS Students,
We are looking forward to working with you to help make this school year your best yet. This handbook provides very important information and expectations that you and your families should know in order to ensure a successful experience in seventh or eight grade. Our school's motto, Respect is our Cornerstone, represents the key to making the school year ahead a successful one. These words are more than just a slogan - they represent the core belief on which we build a school where you can achieve academic success while developing your social, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
The most important thing that happens at OMS each day is learning. In the year ahead learning will take place many different ways - in classrooms, through after school activities, on field trips, and through community service projects. We urge you to give your best effort each day in all that you do. We believe strongly - and research shows - that how hard you work to meet expectations is the most important factor in how successful you are as a student. As educator Jeff Howard says, "Smart isn't something that you just are - smart is something that you get". Your teachers will be clear about what is expected of you, and they will do their best to help you learn as much as possible, but ultimately your choices regarding how hard you try and how you treat others will make the biggest difference in your success. Each day we want you to be respectful, work hard, and have fun.
There are many ways you can benefit from your experience at OMS. In addition to your learning experiences in the core subjects, allied arts, and foreign language, there are many opportunitites for you to participate in exciting activities, including academic competition teams, music and drama clubs, athletics, student government, and community service. We hope that you take advantage of what our school has to offer by taking part in one or more of these great activites so that you get the most out of your education.
We are committed to helping you be successful at school. While we have very high expectations for your learning and your behavior, we realize you may experience difficulties, and we are always willing to help you. Please don't hesitate to come to any of us with questions or concerns so that we can assist you.
We believe that together, we can make OMS one of the best middle schools anywhere. We look forward to working with you to help you succeed.
- Welcome to Oak Middle School
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Clubs and Special Programs
- After School Activity Program
- Signing up for Sports, Activities, and Permissions on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Play-Out Club (opens in new window)
- Oak Latin Club
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 22-23
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2022-23
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
- Sports Registration
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.