Shrewsbury Oak Middle School
Fall 2023-24 Sports Registration Process
The process is straightforward, please follow the directions below:
- Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- On the left menu, click on the Sports & Activities button.
- Check the box of the sport you would like to register for and click the Submit Selection button. Click where it
- says, "click here to continue" and make sure your selection was recorded. Next, find the Colonial ID Card and fill out the required information.
Boys Cross Country Football Soccer
Girls Cross Country Field Hockey Soccer Cheerleading
Medical Clearance: All student-athletes are required to provide evidence/proof they have had a Physical Exam within 13 months of the start of the season (after July 28, 2022). The proof of Physical Exams is due at the Nurses Office by Friday, August 25, 2023 (Football Physicals are due on Monday, August 21st). You can return the physical exam forms by email (PDF) or US Mail. If sending via email please use this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If sending by US Mail please address the envelope to:
Oak Middle School Nurses Oak Middle School
45 Oak Street Shrewsbury, MA 01545
- Massachusetts Law against Hazing: Hazing Law
- SHS Concussion Protocol: Concussion Protocol
Important Dates to Remember:
- August 14th – August 25th – Fall Sports Registration
- Monday, August 21st- Football Physical Exam Forms are due
- Friday, August 25th - All other fall sports Physical Exam Forms are due
- Week of August 28th - Tryouts/Practices begin
*Please Note: Coaches will contact athletes for special directions on tryouts or practices. Tryout dates will be posted on the Oak Middle School Athletics webpage or www.arbiterlive.com by August 21st.
If you have any questions, please contact Jay Costa (Director of Athletics) at email@example.com
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we transition to offering soccer at Oak Middle School. We were able to secure some partial funding for this program only about two weeks ago and have been working diligently to get the program started.
Tryout days and times are as follows
Monday August 28th- 3:00-5:00 at Shrewsbury High School lower grass field (The fields are located behind the school, when looking at the turf field the fields are to the right. behind the tennis courts).
Tuesday August 29th- 3:30-5:00 at Sherwood Middle School grass field
Please make sure to bring a soccer ball, water bottle, and remember your cleats and shinguards.
Our intent is to try to have as many players as realistically possible on the team making sure all students get balanced/adequate playing time. Moving forward practices will take place on the Oak and Sherwood school campuses. We will practice on the upper field right behind Sherwood. At this time we are currently waiting for soccer goals to be delivered.
The objectives for the team this season will be focused on:
Positive Attitude - Building Self-Esteem and Confidence - Developing Self Discipline - Good Sportsmanship - Teamwork / Sense of Commitment and Pride in Team
Practices are Monday through Friday 3:30 PM-5:00 PM at the Oak Middle School field. All players are expected to be at each practice and scheduled game for the full duration unless they are sick, have a medical excuse, or have a note of explanation.
● July 10 -14, 10 AM - 12 PM: Football Clinic @SHS
● Week of Aug. 21, 2023: Training Camp @ Oak & Equipment Handout @SHS
● Monday Aug. 28, 2023: First Official Practice
● Monday 8/21 - Thursday 8/24 : Training Camp. No pads
● Monday 8/28 - Thursday 8/31: First week of Practice. Uppers
● Monday 9/4 - Friday 9/8: Full Week of Practice. Full pads
● Monday 9/11 - Wednesday 9/13: Practice
● Thursday 9/14: Game @ Tyngsborough
● We have 4 days of training camp and 12 days of practice to get ready for our first game!
Normal Weekly Schedule
● Monday: Practice from 3:15 - 5:30. (Field between Oak and Sherwood
● Tuesday: Practice from 3:15 -5:30.
● Wednesday: Practice from 3:15 -5:30.
● Thursday: Game Day!
● Friday: No practice. Attendance at Shrewsbury High Varsity games is highly encouraged.
Thursday 9/14, At Tyngsborough
Saturday 9/23: At Nantucket (we will take a bus and ferry)
Thursday 9/28: Hudson - Home Game
Thursday 10/5: At Westborough
Thursday 10/12 Wachusett - Home Game
Thursday 10/19 Bellingham - Home Game
Thursday 10/26: Uxbridge - Home Game
Thursday 11/2 At Groton-Dunstable
OAK MIDDLE SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY
Kevin DeNolf-Boys’ Head Coach
Gabriela Belliveau-Girls’ Head Coach
First practice is scheduled for Wednesday, September 6th
Practice is Monday through Thursday from 3:15 until 4:15pm. If practice is canceled, students will usually know at least one day in advance. If it is canceled due to rain, students should listen to the announcement during school or at the end of the day so they know to take their bus home. The office phone cannot be used; please discuss this ahead of time with your child.
There will be approximately 5 meets, starting on September 21st and concluding on October 19th. More information about meets will be updated on the Oak Middle School Website. Students will be notified on Schoology.
Practice will begin at 3:15pm. They should report to the grass area in the back of the school next to the track to go over any information they need to know. Most practices will take place on the track and fields next to Oak Middle School. Practices will take place on school grounds to prepare for meets.
All students must arrange for a ride home from practice by 4:15pm everyday! They need to be picked up at the gym entrance of Oak Middle School. The coaches have other obligations to be at after 4:15pm. If students are not picked up by 4:30pm, they will be at the office for pick up. Please do not be late.
The schedule that will list all the meets are on the Oak Middle School website. This will also give you the directions to all away meets. All home meets will be run at the fields behind Oak and Sherwood. We have two away meets, one will be in Bolton and one in Westboro.
All students should have a change of clothes for practice, a good pair of running shoes, and a water bottle with their name on it. We encourage students to bring different socks from what they wear at school if possible.
All students must attend practice everyday unless they have an excused absence. If you are absent you need to bring a note in from your parents the next practice explaining why you missed. Students who need to be excused from practice must make prior arrangements with the coaches. If the practice is missed or unexcused, students may be asked to leave the team or ineligible to compete in the next meet.
All students on the Cross-country team will be given a uniform to wear at the meets. All runners must take care of the uniform (shorts and shirt) during the season. They are to be washed and returned at the conclusion of the season.
Notices will be sent home periodically updating times, practices and directions to meets.
All students that have signed up are encouraged to run on their own. They should run at least 15-30 minutes a day depending on ability, starting slow and progressing up to 30 minutes, if possible
Any student requiring an inhaler or epi-pen must bring one from home-to be kept with student at all times with your name on it.
Nurses are not accessible after hours.
No medications can be given by cross-country staff. Please refer to nurse’s letter.
We expect our athletes to act appropriately and kindly at all times. We are a school team that reflects the core values of Oak Middle School. Any misbehavior that does not reflect those values will not be tolerated. That athlete may be asked to leave the team.
OMS FOOTBALL CHEERLEADING - August 2023
Athletes will learn sideline cheers, stunting, tumbling, jumps and a 2.5-minute competition routine. Experience is not needed. The season is from end of August through November.
TRYOUTS: Monday 08/28/22 from 5:00 – 7:15 at Shrewsbury High School dance room. (Dance Room is in the field house / gym area)
PRACTICE SCHEDULE: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IF NECESSARY BEFORE THE SEASON BEGINS.
PRACTICE: Monday – Thursday 5:00 – 7:15 @ Shrewsbury High School dance room. (This will be the practice schedule for the entire season. Please make sure you can commit to attending all practices & games as attendance is mandatory for all.)
We will be cheering for all HOME GAMES @ Oak Middle school on Thursdays. We meet in the cafeteria directly after school and walk to the field as a TEAM. If there is NOT a game, then you are expected to attend practice at Shrewsbury HS from 5:00 – 7:15 in the dance room.
We will be competing in two competitions in October/November (usually held on Sundays and they are an all-day event)
You must be willing to commit to attending ALL practices and games in accordance with MSAA rules to participate in this sport. Please feel free to contact Coach Kerry Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Please see the link below for access to the words and motions to the cheers that will be performed at the football games. Please do your best to know these for the first week of practice.
Sign-ups will be on the Powerschool Parent Portal. The $100.00 per sport, athletic fee must be paid in order to participate in Middle School sports. Signing up for Sports, Activities, and Permissions on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Welcome to Oak Middle School
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Activities & Clubs
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 2023-2024
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2023-24
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.