Community Service & Leadership Club
CSLC is a club for anyone who enjoys helping others and making the world a better place.
- We have complete projects to help those within our school community and across the globe. Club members are encouraged to bring new ideas and suggestions.
- Each year we support three projects at Oak: Coins of Fury - a fundraiser to raise funds for families in need during the holiday season; Box Tops for Education - we participate in Boxtops for Education throughout the year, and the club decides where the money will go; and we also run a small concession stand at home basketball games.
coins of fury was a wonderful success!!!
CSLC would like to thank EVERYONE for their donations. Whether big or small they all made a difference this year. This year we had more coins and more paper money donated than ever before!
The team that had the least amount of paper money was Red, followed by Teal, then Green, Blue and the team with the most paper money was GOLD with $968.00 in paper money.
Now for the coins: Red had the least amount of coin money, followed by Teal, then Green, Blue and at the top was GOLD with $1,387.39.
The winner of this years Coins of Fury and top color cup points is GOLD!! 2nd place goes to Teal, who beat out Blue by $1.44, Blue is 3rd, Green is 4th and Red in 5th place.
Altogether, you and your families donated $6,204.61!! This is almost double our highest collection in the last 11 years. This money will go a long to way to help our families in need in our community! Thank you again.
~ 2021 Coins of Fury
Way to go!!!
OMS Food for Families Food Pantry is Re-opening
Three years ago, the Community Service and Leadership with the support of the faculty at Oak, opened the Food for Families food pantry for families in our school community. We recognize that there are many families who are dealing with food insecurity issues and need our support. Due to the pandemic the pantry was closed and all food was donated to St. Anne’s Food Pantry. We also realize that families sometimes need more than just food, so we are now going to begin offering a monthly ‘essentials box’ which will include items such as dish soap, hand/bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, paper towels and napkins To reopen the pantry we are running a ‘Stock the Shelves’ drive starting on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Below is a list of the items we are looking for at this time. The club has funds that were donated prior to the pandemic that they will be using to stock the pantry with food items at this time.
If you are a family who would benefit from the pantry, please reach out to our school nurse, Lisa Arteca. The process is totally confidential, and there are no requirements to prove your need. There will be food and essential items available the week of 11/22/21, just before Thanksgiving.
At this time, the following items are needed:
- Bar soap
- Hand soap
- Lysol wipes
- Dish soap
- Paper towels
- Laundry soap- small containers for easy transport by students
We are also accepting gift cards in the amount of $10.00 from any local Shrewsbury grocery stores. Collection boxes will be located at each entrance to the school and in the cafeteria.
CSLC thanks you for your consideration and support of this very important project.
Events We Have Sponsored...
WEAR RED DAYS...
Cslc's holiday drive...
A Chain of Kindness and Cheer!
Each year CSLC works an additional project chosen by the students. Some of our past projects:
- Made blankets for a local animal shelter
- Purchased teddy bears for the pediatric surgical unit at UMASS
- Started an ongoing composting project
- Wear Red Day supports the American Heart Association
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Gift package for military service rnembers overseas
- Organized an annual Hunger Banquet
- Donations to the Jimmy Fund
- Made blankets for the pediatric surgical unit at UMASS
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
Clubs and Special Programs
- Community Service & Leadership
- Oak Chess Club (opens in new window)
- Student Council
- Diversity Club
- Silent Book Club
- Destination Imagination
- Maker's Workshop (opens in new window)
- Oak Ukulele Club
- Cupcake Decorating Club
- After School Activity Program
- Signing up for Sports, Activities, and Permissions on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Clubs and Special Programs
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.