CSLC is a club for anyone who enjoys helping others and making the world a better place.
- We have complete projects to help those within our school community and across the globe. Club members are encouraged to bring new ideas and suggestions.
- Each year we support three projects at Oak: Coins of Fury - a fundraiser to raise funds for families in need during the holiday season; Box Tops for Education - we collect, sort, bag and mail out the Box Tops collected throughout the year, and the club decides where the money will go; and we also run a small concession stand at home basketball games.
- New to CSLC in 2018, we started managing and supporting our school's food pantry.
March 30** only if needed
WEAR RED DAYS
The month of February is Heart Health Awareness Month and each the American Heart Association sponsors Wear Red Day.
The Community Service and Leadership Club helps to spread awareness of this disease and sponsors a Wear Red Day at school.
This year we will have 2 wear red days, Tuesday, February 2nd and Friday February 5th. Students, Faculty and Staff are encouraged to wear something red on either or both days.
Everyone will also have an opportunity to honor someone they know who has been affected by heart disease and support heart research by putting their name on a heart to hang in the cafeteria.
We are also collecting donations for the American Heart Association, but donations are not required to be able to put a name on a heart. Hearts and donation envelopes will be provided to homeroom teachers by Monday, February 1st. Donations can be made in homeroom, just add your donation to the envelope or made via a text message. Information regarding the text messaging option follows.
- Text this keyword: MAGIVESWRD to 41444 (it must all be typed in CAPS)
- You will receive a text back to complete your donation
- Follow the prompts to make donation, minimum donation is $10
Other Events We Have Sponsored...
Cslc's holiday drive
The Community Service and Leadership Club (CSLC) is once again sponsoring its annual drive to help members of our school community who might be in need of assistance during the holiday season. Each year, the club raises funds to support our families by purchasing gift cards to local grocery and department stores. If you are a family in need, please reach out to our School Nurses (email@example.com); everything is confidential.
Due to the need to follow Covid safe guidelines we are not able to accept cash donations. We are asking for donations of gift cards from the following locations in increments of $10.00:
- Target, Walmart, Stop -n- Shop, Shaw’s, Price Chopper and gas station gift cards
Students may bring in donations and drop them in a marked box located outside of the main office. Remote families are welcome to drop off donations in our large mailbox or send them in the mail. We will be collecting donations starting on Monday, November 30th through Friday, December 11, 2020.
Thank you in advance for your support of this very important project.
A Chain of Kindness and Cheer!
The Community Service and Leadership Club (CSLC) is working on a new project: A Chain of Kindness and Cheer! From now until December 23 we are asking students and staff to complete acts of kindness. Each act will create one link in our chain, the longer the chain grows, the more Oak’s kindness grows too! The chain will be displayed in our cafeteria. Team teachers will be sharing a Google Form with students to document these acts of kindness. You can fill out the form as many times as you need. Some simple examples or holding a door for someone, helping a younger sibling with homework or shoveling for a neighbor. Let’s see how far Oak’s kindness can go!
Here is the link to the Chain of Kindmess and Cheer Form
Each year CSLC works an additional project chosen by the students. Some of our past projects:
- Made blankets for a local animal shelter
- Purchased teddy bears for the pediatric surgical unit at UMASS
- Started an ongoing composting project
- Wear Red Day supports the American Heart Association
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Gift package for military service rnembers overseas
- Organized an annual Hunger Banquet
- Donations to the Jimmy Fund
- Made blankets for the pediatric surgical unit at UMASS
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 20-21
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Summer Theme Experiences 2021
- Remote Learning Support and Resources
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2020-21
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Oak Reopening Plan 2020
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.