SPRING TRACK and field
Sign up on Powerschool Here (Sports, Activities, Permission Slips, then Oak Middle School Sports)
Practice: Practice begins on Monday, April 4, 2022. Practices will be held on Monday- Friday 3:00-4:30 the latest - No Practice during April break
Oak Track Meet Schedule
Students interested in participating in this year’s team need to register on Powerschool. Since Spring Track is now an official interscholastic team, students must also have an up-to-date physical (no earlier than March 4, 2021) submitted to the school nurse in order to participate. Students who do not have physicals on file will not be allowed to practice. The Colonial ID form, found on the top page of Oak Middle School Sports page (if not already done earlier this year).
Spring Track is a “no cut” team. Students of all abilities are welcome to participate.
- Required for practice: sneakers, running attire (be sure to bring layers for warmups and cooldowns), water bottle. We suggest also bringing a snack to refuel after practice
- Students are expected to attend all practices.
- The $100.00 Athletic fee must be paid before the student can participate in meets.
Three Team Rules:
- Listen when coaches are talking or directions are being given
- Be respectful and display good sportsmanship
- Put forth your best effort.
|field Events||running events|
Shot Put (boys/4k, girls/6lb)
|Long Jump||100m Hurdles
(30" height at 8m apart/girls; 33" height and 8.5m apart/boys),
|Discus||100m, 200m, 400m, 800m|
|High Jump||4 X 100 relay|
*Turbo Jav is exhibition only
A Message from the Nurse:
Please be aware that we will not be sending any medications from the nurses’ office to track practices or events. Under the district’s medication policy, students at the secondary level are permitted to carry emergency medications provided we have a signed doctor’s order on file. If your child requires an Epi-pen or an inhaler, he/she should bring an extra to school and carry it with him/her each day. Your child should be trained in the self-administration of his/her medication.
Please also be aware that there are no trained medical personnel available at practices or events.
Feel free to call me at (508) 841-1204 or email me at if you have any questions.
Lisa Arteca, BSN, RN
OMS School Nurse
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Shrewsbury High School English Summer Reading 2022
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.