Speech Program for Grades Seven, and Eight
Coach: Mrs. Vivian Powers
Assistant Coach: Mr. Gabe Hopkins
Oak Speech Team Program
Are you interested in public speaking or showing off your acting skills in a competitive environment? If so, the Oak Speech team is looking for someone like you!
To find out more about auditioning for the team, there will be an informational meeting for students only on Wednesday, September 29th at 2:45pm in the auditorium. Students should have a ride home at 3:30pm. If you would like further information or know you won’t be able to attend the meeting, please email Mr. Hopkins.
Everyone interested, including any potential returning 8th grade team members, should attend this meeting.
Please note: Registration is not currently open on PowerSchool. Registration will open to those who make the Speech team roster. At that time, the once yearly $75.00 activity fee must be paid in order for your child to articipate. Please DO NOT pay the activity fee unless your child is chosen for the team. If the activity fee has been paid for another Oak activity this year, no further payment is needed.
The Speech team will be limited to 50 or fewer students based on an audition process.
Students will find information from the informational meeting about how to audition. For those who cannot attend the meeting, detailed directions will be posted here shortly after.
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Clubs and Special Programs
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Silent Book Club (opens in new window)
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Summer Theme Experiences 2021
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.