SPECIAL PROGRAM: ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
Shrewsbury Public Schools provides English language instruction and support for students who have a home language other than or in addition to English. English language instruction is provided by a licensed ESL teacher and students receive instruction during the regular school day.
The English language instruction helps students improve their listening comprehension, their vocabulary use when speaking, understanding information they read, and expressing or telling information when they write. Instruction will also focus on learning strategies and thinking skills, so students realize and are aware of what helps them learn best.
English language progress reports are sent home each trimester, along with regular district report cards.
If your family communicates in a language that is not English or in addition to English, and you feel your child might benefit from English language instruction, please let your child’s teacher know.
Interpretation & Translation Services
Two-way communication is an important component of our partnership with Shrewsbury Public School families. Please let the school know if you need communication in another language. You can do this as you complete the Home Language Survey when you register your child/children in the public schools. The Home Language Survey can be downloaded and printed from the pdf below.
At any time during the school year, you can also request an interpreter or a document to be translated by sending an email to your child’s teacher and/or grade administrator.
- Welcome to Oak Middle School
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Activities & Clubs
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 22-23
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2022-23
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.