OMS Food for Families Food Pantry is Re-opening
Three years ago, the Community Service and Leadership with the support of the faculty at Oak, opened the Food for Families food pantry for families in our school community. We recognize that there are many families who are dealing with food insecurity issues and need our support. Due to the pandemic the pantry was closed and all food was donated to St. Anne’s Food Pantry. We also realize that families sometimes need more than just food, so we are now going to begin offering a monthly ‘essentials box’ which will include items such as dish soap, hand/bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, paper towels and napkins To reopen the pantry we are running a ‘Stock the Shelves’ drive starting on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Below is a list of the items we are looking for at this time. The club has funds that were donated prior to the pandemic that they will be using to stock the pantry with food items at this time.
If you are a family who would benefit from the pantry, please reach out to our school nurse, Lisa Arteca - email@example.com or 508-841-1204. The process is totally confidential, and there are no requirements to prove your need. There will be food and essential items available the week of Novemer 22nd, just before Thanksgiving.
At this time, the following items are needed:
- Bar soap
- Hand soap
- Lysol wipes
- Dish soap
- Paper towels
- Laundry soap- small containers for easy transport by students
- We are also accepting gift cards in the amount of $10.00 from any local Shrewsbury grocery stores. Collection boxes will be located at each entrance to the school and in the cafeteria.
CSLC thanks you for your consideration and support of this very important project.
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Shrewsbury High School English Summer Reading 2022
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.