Tryouts Coming for OMS Interscholastic Softball
We are so excited to bring back two of our interscholastic sports this spring!
Students interested in trying out for baseball and softball must register on Powerschool by April 9, 2021. Students must also have an up-to-date in-person physical (no earlier than April 3, 2020) submitted to the school nurse in order to tryout. NO TELEHEALTH PHYSICALS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Students who do not have physicals on file will not be allowed to tryout.
The $100.00, per sport, athletic fee DOES NOT have to be paid in order to tryout, but must be paid if your child is selected. (see below)
- Tryouts will begin on May 3, 2021 at the fields behind Oak/Sherwood Middle Schools.
- All tryouts and practices start at 4PM and will conclude by 5:30PM.
- Games will begin around May 13th and conclude by the end of the school year in mid June.
- All students trying out and those who are selected must travel home from school at the end of the day to change and gather equipment. There are no locker rooms or lockers available and no equipment storage at school.
- Students will not be allowed to stay on the school campus between the end of the school day and the beginning of practice.
- All students who try out for the team must participate in COVID pooled testing during tryouts. Consent must be given through PowerSchool.
- All students who are selected for the team must participate in COVID pooled testing weekly at Oak.
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact the OMS Main Office.
Coach this year: Mike Braken
Oak Athletic Fee - effective for Spring 2021 sports
Last year, the Shrewsbury School Committee voted to implement a new and separate Oak Sports Fee of $100.00 per sport with a family cap of $300 each year. Students eligible for Fee/Reduced Lunch are required to pay $15 [15%] of the fee. There is also a $25 late fee for late payment.
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 20-21
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources
- Media Center
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Summer Theme Experiences 2021
- Remote Learning Support and Resources
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2020-21
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Oak Reopening Plan 2020
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.