High School Information for Grade 8 Families
Dear 8th grade families,
We are approaching the time of year that students and families start the process of applying to Assabet Regional Technical High School or private high schools. This message is specifically for families interested in learning more about the programming offered at Assabet or for families engaging in the application process to a private school for 9th grade. Given the current restrictions due to COVID most schools in the area are hosting virtual open houses and tours as they begin their application process. Below you will find some helpful information for families and students as you begin to navigate this process:
Students Applying to Assabet Regional Technical High School
- DEADLINE: Applications due to Oak Middle School by DECEMBER 4, 2020.
- Remote Assabet Presentation: a presentation with current Assabet students and the admissions director will be scheduled for OMS 8th graders who are interested in learning more about the programs and admissions process. Stay tuned for more information!
- Students can obtain an application for Assabet below:
- Completed applications should be dropped off at the OMS Main Office mailbox or emailed to email@example.com
- Completed application packages will be delivered to Assabet by their December 18, 2020 deadline.
- Students who have questions, concerns, or just want to talk through their thinking around applying to Assabet can make an appointment with their team assigned counselor.
Students Planning to Attend Shrewsbury High School
- All 8th grade students will register for classes at Shrewsbury High School in March.
- An information night for all incoming grade 9 students will take place prior to the start of the registration process. Look for more information on this in the weekly family newsletter after the first of the year.
Students Applying to Private High Schools
- If submitting a paper application to your child’s high school of choice, please submit the Transcript Request Form and Counselor/Principal Recommendation form by dropping it off in the OMS Main Office Mailbox or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read the information on your application carefully as some schools have all of this information on one form and some schools have multiple forms.
- If you are using an online platform such as Ravenna to submit your child’s application, please watch this short video, 3 Tips for Using Ravenna, to clarify the process.
- Please allow 8-10 business days to process your child’s paperwork. There are many different application deadlines so if your child is applying to multiple private schools, please allow for plenty of time to process this paperwork.
- Teacher Recommendation Forms should go directly to the teacher that you would like to have fill out the form. Please let the teacher know the application deadline and provide an addressed, stamped envelope that can be sent directly to the private school, if not emailed directly to the private school.
We hope this information is helpful. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to a counselor for support.
Jennifer Lencioni, email@example.com (8 Navy, 8 Red, 8 Orange)
Laura Candelaria, firstname.lastname@example.org (7/8 Teal, 8 Ruby)
Kristen Minio, email@example.com (7/8 Sapphire)
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Clubs and Special Programs
- On-Line Activity Fee Payment Troubleshooting
- Online payment information
- Oak Middle School Student Handbook 21-22
- Counselors' Page
- Forms, Applications & Downloads
- Health Education Resources (opens in new window)
- Media Center (opens in new window)
- Nursing/Health Office
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Middle School PTO (opens in new window)
- Summer Theme Experiences 2021
- Oak BCO Information for 2021-22
- Nursing/Health Office (opens in new window)
- Faculty & Staff Information
- Team/Classes 2021-22
- Lunch Menu (opens in new window)
Policies & Procedures
- iPad License Rules
- SPS Concussion Policy (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Report Card Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLS) Rubics
- Accessing Trimester Grades on the PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Supply Lists
- Oak Site Map
- Work Permits
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.