Test for Strength and Flexibility
Test: Trunk Extensor
To lift the upper body off the floor using muscles of the back and hold the position to allow for measurement.
- Do not raise higher than 12 inches.
- Do not allow student to do ballistic or bouncing movements.
- Maintain head in a neutral position.
The student being tested lies on the mat in a prone position (facedown). Toes are pointed and hands placed under the thighs. During movement, the student’s focus should not move from the mat. The student lifts the upper body off the floor, a very slow and controlled manner, to the maximum height of 12 inches.
Suggested exercises for Trunk Lift
- 10 Superman Push-ups
- 30 Second Superman
- 5 Trunk lifts holds 10 seconds each wait about 30 seconds before starting the next Trunk lift hold.
***Repeat 2 times every other day***
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Lunch Menu
- Policies & Procedures
- Extended Day Program
- Health Education Resources
- Nursing/Health Office
- Media Center
- Summer Reading
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- iPad App Reference Videos
- Physical Education
- Parent Tutoring Form
- MCAS Testing Dates and Times
- Andy's Closet
- Supply Lists
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.