Test for Aerobic Capacity
Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run
To run as long as possible with continuous movement back and forth across a 20-meter space at a specified pace that gets faster each minute.
Caution students not to begin too fast. The beginning speed starts out slow.
Each student being tested should run across the distance and touch the line with a foot by the time the beep sounds. At the sound of the beep, the student turns around and run back to the other end. If some students get to the line before the beep, they must wait for the beep before running the other direction. Students continue in this manner until they fail to reach the line before the beep for a second time.
Suggested exercises for Pacer
- Count and mark out 20 large steps on a grassy area (use your backyard or nearest park)
- Practice running laps, you should run at least to your bench mark. (find you benchmark on the “What are Benchmarks sheet”)
- Slowly count to five to yourself before starting the next lap.
- Your goal should be to run the entire 20 large steps without walking.
- You should be practicing this every other day.
- About Us
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Lunch Menu
- Policies & Procedures
- Extended Day Program
- Health Education Resources
- Nursing/Health Office
- Media Center
- Summer Reading
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- iPad App Reference Videos
- Physical Education
- Parent Tutoring Form
- MCAS Testing Dates and Times
- Andy's Closet
- Supply Lists
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.