Frequently Asked Questions
- My child does not take a bus. Where will I drop them off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon?
- Which way should I exit after dropping off or picking up my child?
- Can I drive in front of Sherwood to get to the student drop-off/pick-up location?
- What times are drop-off and pick-up?
- Where should parents park when visiting the school during the day?
My child does not take a bus. Where will I drop them off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon?
Parents will enter the back driveway to Sherwood via Crescent Street. There is no entrance from Hutchins Street in the morning or afternoon. Parents and caretakers will follow the traffic pattern into and around the parking lot. Adults will direct you where to stop; we ask that you pull up as far as possible so more than one car can unload at a time.
The access road is two-directional. You will be able to exit the lot by turning right to exit via Crescent Street or by turning left to exit via Hutchins Street.
No. The only traffic allowed in front of Sherwood during student drop-off and pick-up times is bus traffic. All parents and caretakers must use the Crescent Street entrance to access the drop-off / pick-up area. Please do not drop your child off in the parking lot between Oak and Sherwood as bus and staff traffic can make this an unsafe location.
Students can be dropped off as early at 7:30 AM. This is when there are adults in the building to supervise children and doors are unlocked to allow their access. Students who arrive prior to 7:45 must report to the cafeteria to be prop- erly supervised. Homeroom starts promptly at 8:00. Students are dismissed at 2:35 to parent pick-up.
All visitors should park in the designated “Visitor Parking” spots in the front of the school. If there are no available spots in this area, any unmarked parking spot is fine.
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Lunch Menu
- Policies & Procedures
- Extended Day Program
- Health Education Resources
- Nursing/Health Office
- Media Center
- Summer Reading
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- iPad App Reference Videos
- Physical Education
- Parent Tutoring Form
- MCAS Testing Dates and Times
- Andy's Closet
- Supply Lists
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.