Math Olympiad (formerly Math Club) will hold in-person contests this school year. Contests will occur on Wednesdays this school year, from 3:00 - 3:45 pm. There will be a limited number of spaces available due to COVID limitations. For this reason, the process of signing up students is different this year. Please note that students will be assessed prior to receiving an invitation to join. Please do not attempt to register a student without an invitation to do so. The process and key dates are as follows:
- Interested students will scan a QR code at school and complete a survey from October 12th - October 15th
- Responding students will receive a Math Olympiad practice test from their math teachers on October 19th
- Students must independently complete all work and return to their math teachers by Friday, October 22nd
- Math Olympiad coaches will review submissions and will select participants.
- All students will be notified by Friday, October 29th of the coaches decision
- Parents of students invited to join Math Olympiad will be notified by email to complete the registration process and pay the $55 activity fee in Powerschool.
The dates of Math Olympiad meetings are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 10th - First meeting and practice of Olympiad procedures
- Wednesday, November 17th - First contest meeting
- Wednesday, December 15th - Second contest meeting
- Wednesday, January 12th - Third contest meeting
- Wednesday, February 16th - Fourth contest meeting
- Wednesday, March 16th - Fifth contest meeting
- Wednesday, April 27th - Final meeting and celebration of accomplishments
Please note that the Math Olympiad contests may only be completed on the contest day and must be done in person.
Math Olympiad is a very popular activity at Sherwood and we know the limitations this year will disappoint some students. All students may access Math Olympiad tests once that month’s test is officially closed for scoring.
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Lunch Menu
- Policies & Procedures
- Extended Day Program
- Health Education Resources
- Nursing/Health Office
- Media Center
- Summer Reading
- Support Organizations
- 1:1 Technology Program
- iPad App Reference Videos
- Physical Education
- Parent Tutoring Form
- MCAS Testing Dates and Times
- Andy's Closet
- Supply Lists
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.