Extended School Care
Extended School Care is now accepting registrations for the 2022-2023 school year. You can find instructions and the link to our registration form here.
Space is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your spot in the program is not confirmed until you receive an email saying your contract request has been accepted. A wait list will be established if a school reaches its enrollment capacity.
Extended School Care provides quality before and after school care for children in kindergarten through sixth grade. Operated by the Shrewsbury Public Schools, the program is fully funded through parent fees.
More about Extended Day:
Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where students can engage in enrichment activities, participate in recreational programming and socialize with their peers. Time is also set aside each day for students to work on their homework. Our experienced and caring staff members create fun and innovative programming for students of all ages, interests and abilities. We focus on building positive relationships, developing social skills, strengthening self-esteem, and encouraging independence, responsibility and good decision-making. Our programs are located within the school building at Beal, Coolidge, Floral, Paton, Spring and Sherwood.
Before School: 7:00AM until the start of the school day. Parents may drop their child off any time between 7:00-8:15AM.
After School: begins at school dismissal and closes at 6:00PM. Parents may pick up their child any time before 6:00PM.
There is no transportation for these programs.
You may choose from one of the following schedules
- 5 days per week
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
Holidays and Vacation Weeks
Extended School Care follows the Shrewsbury Public School calendar. It opens on the first day of school and closes on the last. We are closed for all school holidays, professional days and vacation weeks.
Early Release Days
Five early release days are scheduled for school year 2022-2023. Extended day is open from the early dismissal until 6pm. All of these dates fall on a Tuesday. If your child is registered for Tuesdays, the additional coverage on early release days is included in your monthly tuition. Students who are not enrolled on Tuesdays are unable to attend on early release days.
Annual tuition is based on the 180-day school calendar and is divided into 10 equal monthly payments for convenience. Monthly rates do not vary based on the number of school days per month. We are unable to give credit for absences from the program. View our monthly rates, payment schedule, and full tuition policy.
Tuition payment is due by the first of the month, 30 days in advance of service. Our preferred method of payment is through your online Extended Day account (Eleyo) but you may also pay by check or money order.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Morning and afternoon sessions of Extended School Care will not be in operation during snow days called by the Shrewsbury Public Schools.
- In the case of a delayed start of school the Extended School Care morning sessions will also be closed, however our afternoon sessions will open as usual.
- If it becomes necessary to dismiss the schools early, you will receive a telephone call from the school department outlining the new dismissal time and procedures. Due to the concerns over worsening conditions and for the safety of staff and children, ESC will not open. Students will either need to take the bus home or be picked up at school at the new dismissal time. Please have an alternate plan in place for these rare occasions.
- If the schools do not dismiss early but it becomes necessary for ESC to close before 6:00 pm parents will be notified by telephone. Please make sure we can reach you on such occasions.
Contact Information for enrollment, waitlist, billing and general program inquires
- Program Director: Karen Isaacson
- Assistant to the Director: Mary Rana
- Director's Office:
Sherwood Middle School
28 Sherwood Ave
If you are reporting your child absent, please contact your extended day site directly:
- Beal - 508-841-8861 BealESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Coolidge - 508-841-8881 CoolidgeESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Paton - 508-841-8628 PatonESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Floral - 508-841-8743 FloralESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Sherwood - 508-841-8696 SherwoodESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Spring - 508-841-8702 SpringESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.