Extended School Care
Extended School Care has immediate openings in the before and after school programs at all schools for students in grades K-6, for the current (2021-2022) school year.
Please contact Karen Isaacson, Director of Extended Learning if you would like to register your child.
If you are interested in enrolling your child for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete this form. We expect to begin registering new families in April of 2022.
Extended School Care provides quality before and after school care for children in kindergarten through sixth grade. Operated by the Shrewsbury Public Schools, the program is fully funded through parent fees.
More about Extended Day:
Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where students can engage in enrichment activities, participate in recreational programming and socialize with their peers. Time is also set aside each day for students to work on their homework. Our experienced and caring staff members create fun and innovative programming for students of all ages, interests and abilities. We focus on building positive relationships, developing social skills, strengthening self-esteem, and encouraging independence, responsibility and good decision-making. Our programs are located within the school building at Beal, Coolidge, Floral, Paton, Spring and Sherwood.
Before School: 7:00AM until the start of the school day (no before school program at Sherwood Middle School)
After School: begins at school dismissal and closes at 6:00PM
Holidays and Vacation Weeks
Extended School Care follows the Shrewsbury Public School calendar. It opens on the first day of school and closes on the last. We are closed for all school holidays, professional days and vacation weeks.
Early Release Days - 2021-2022
Five early release days are scheduled for school year 2021-2022. Extended day is open from the early dismissal until 6pm. All of these dates fall on a Tuesday. If your child is registered for Tuesdays, the additional coverage on early release days is included in your monthly tuition.
Annual tuition is based on the 180-day school calendar and is divided into 10 equal monthly payments for convenience. Monthly rates do not vary based on the number of school days per month. We are unable to give credit for absences from the program. View our montly rates and full tuition policy.
Tuition payment is due by the first of the month. Our preferred method of payment through your online Extended Day account (Eleyo) but you may also pay by check or money order.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Morning and afternoon sessions of Extended School Care will not be in operation during snow days called by the Shrewsbury Public Schools.
- In the case of a delayed start of school the Extended School Care morning sessions will also be closed, however our afternoon sessions will open as usual.
- If it becomes necessary to dismiss the schools early, you will receive a telephone call from the school department outlining the new dismissal time and procedures. Due to the concerns over worsening conditions and for the safety of staff and children, ESC will not open. Students will either need to take the bus home or be picked up at school at the new dismissal time. Please have an alternate plan in place for these rare occasions.
- If the schools do not dismiss early but it becomes necessary for ESC to close before 6:00 pm parents will be notified by telephone. Please make sure we can reach you on such occasions.
- Program Director: Karen Isaacson (enrollment, waitlist and other general program inquiries)
- Director's Office:
Sherwood Middle School
28 Sherwood Ave
- For billing questions, please contact:
Mary Rana, assistant to the director
- Beal - 508-841-8861 BealESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Coolidge - 508-841-8881 CoolidgeESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Paton - 508-841-8628 PatonESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Floral - 508-841-8743 FloralESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Sherwood - 508-841-8696 SherwoodESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Spring - 508-841-8702 SpringESC@Shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Extended School Care
- Summer Programs
- Vacation Programs
- After School Activities Program
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.