Bus Privilege Registration 2023-2024
Parent Portal is open for 2023-2024 Bus Privilege Registration from August 1, 2023 through August 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM
Please note that the Powerschool parent portal is open from August 1, 2023 through August 11, 2023 at 4:00 PM for 2023-2024 bus registrations. For all the new families who just moved to town, welcome! Please register for your children's bus service using the parent portal. Late fees do not apply to families who have recently moved to Shrewsbury or have children entering kindergarten.
For all late registrations pertaining to students already enrolled in Shrewsbury Public Schools during our spring registration window [April-June 30, 2023] and missed the deadline of June 30th, there will be a $50 late fee automatically applied to your account when you register.
For the families who partially registered but didn't pay before the June 30th deadline, there will be a $50 late fee automatically applied to your account when you pay.
Click here to access the Parent Portal to register for bus privileges for the 2023-2024 school year.
The bus fee for the 2023-2024 school year is $320/student with a $960 family cap.
All students who wish to use bus transportation are REQUIRED to be registered each year, regardless of whether fees apply. This includes families who have reached the family cap.
STEP 1: Online Registration - The registration process begins with the online portion through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you cannot access your Parent Portal account, please tech support. A message will be displayed during the registration process stating whether or not a fee is required. Print the online registration confirmation form for your records. If no fee is due, your registration is complete.
STEP 2: Payment, if required* - If payment is required, families will see a link to use our online payment option or choose to send in payment in the form of check or money order.
*Payment Requirements - All students in grades K-6 who reside 2.0 miles or less from their school and students in grades 7-12 are REQUIRED to pay the fee. The bus fee is $320 per child with a $960 family cap.
STEP 3: Bus Stop Information - Parents/guardians will obtain bus number and stop location information in late August by accessing the PowerSchool Parent Portal. No information will be sent homes. The Transportation Department will communicate via email when the information is available in the Parent Portal.
- Late Fee - A $50 per child late fee with $150 family cap will be incurred for late bus registrations and/or payment. PLEASE NOTE: Our transportation department begins the routing process immediately following the conclusion of the registration time frame. Therefore, students will NOT be guaranteed bus privileges for the first few weeks of school unless BOTH registration and payment are received at the school department office by the deadline. This is absolutely necessary to allow for internal processing and adequate time for our transportation contractor to plan routes, check route timing, train the drivers, and to evaluate the ridership capacity to ensure the safety and comfort of all students transported.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Qualifications - Students who have qualified for free and reduced lunch are entitled to free transportation provided that an application for qualification has been submitted and approved each year. Click here for details.
- Refund Policy - Refunds will be issued if the refund request is received by 4:30 p.m. on August 31st. A processing fee of $25 per student will be deducted from the refund request. However, if there is a question regarding your need for transportation for the upcoming year, you are encouraged to apply and send in payment to avoid the late fee. The Business Office will individually consider all refund requests. Having all registration information before the routing is arranged is extremely beneficial for our contractor to ensure efficiency and safety for all of our students.
Forms and Applications
- Bus Change Request Form
- Daycare Transportation Request Form
- Bus Refund Request Form
- Powerschool Parent Portal Instructions
- Student Bus Conduct Report
Translated Power School Parent Portal Changes
Bus Privilege Registration
- Free/Reduced Lunch Privileges
- Route/Bus Stop Communication and Changes
- Parental Responsibility
- Student Discipline
- Before/After School Care Alternate Location
- Route Planning
- Snow/Emergency Cancellations
- Emergency Evacuation Drills/Cancellations
- Video/Audio Recording
- Early Dismissals
- Missing Child
- Policies and Procedures (opens in new window)
- Private & Vocational School Transportation Registration
- Late Bus Information
- Dismissal Information For Early Release Days Due To Professional Development
- Bus Discipline Procedures and Consequences (opens in new window)
- Transportation FAQ's
- AA Transportation, Inc. (opens in new window)
- Bus Safety
- Change of Address
- Find Your Elementary School
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.