All missing children calls should be reported to Shrewsbury Public Schools at 508-841-8400. Whenever a child is reported missing (i.e., not returning home after an attended day at school) Shrewsbury Public Schools respond with the following protocol:
- Notification made to the School Principal. She or he will contact the student’s teacher(s) and have the school building and grounds searched.
- Notification to the bus contractor. They will search the student’s bus and the driver will be contacted and interviewed.
- Parents will be asked to contact friends of the missing child. Most often a child is located at a friend’s house within the first hour.
- Notification is made to the Police Department if necessary.
Once the child has been located, all involved parties are contacted to confirm.
Bus Privilege Registration
- Free/Reduced Lunch Privileges
- Route/Bus Stop Communication and Changes
- Parental Responsibility
- Student Discipline
- Before/After School Care Alternate Location
- Route Planning
- Snow/Emergency Cancellations
- Emergency Evacuation Drills/Cancellations
- Video/Audio Recording
- Early Dismissals
- Missing Child
- Policies and Procedures (opens in new window)
- Private & Vocational School Transportation Registration
- Late Bus Information
- Dismissal Information For Early Release Days Due To Professional Development
- Bus Discipline Procedures and Consequences (opens in new window)
- Transportation FAQ's
- AA Transportation, Inc. (opens in new window)
- Bus Safety
- Change of Address
- Find Your Elementary School
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.