What is Scoir?
Scoir is a customized, secure website that supports post-secondary, college and career planning. It is designed to assist students and their parents/guardians in making informed decisions about college opportunities and career choices. This online resource allows students the ability to research colleges, view statistical and historical data on other SHS students anonymously, build a resume, take a career interest inventory, view the schedule of college representatives visiting the high school and much more.
Scoir is offered as a complement to the series of individual and group meetings that are available to students and families in partnership with the School Counseling Department. Scoir is only one tool to be consulted during the college planning process! Some specific resources on Scoir include:
College Search: This tool allows users to enter criteria such as size, location, cost, availability of specific majors or athletic programs and a list will be provided that meets these criteria.
College Lookup: This tool provides comprehensive information on thousands of US colleges and universities. A link to each college’s website is also provided.
College Compare: This feature allows students to compare how your standardized testing scores and your GPA fare against the colleges that you have selected.
Scattergram: This tool provides a graphical view of application outcomes (accepted, denied, waitlisted) at a specific college, using the GPA and SAT scores for SHS students. It does not provide data on students from other high schools.
How do students access Scoir? Can parents also access it?
The site can also be accessed via link below.
Students receive instruction from school counselors on establishing a Scoir account during our in-class presentations with each grade level in the Fall. Parents can access Scoir through their students access, students invite their parent to join them.
- School Counseling Staff Contacts
- College Visit Scheduling (for Colleges Only)
Program of Studies
- Principal's Message
- Shrewsbury High School’s Mission, Core Values, & 21st Century Learning Expectations
- Shrewsbury Public Schools Non-Discrimination Policy
- General Information
- Information on Health and Sexuality Education
- Special Programs
- English Department
- English Language Education Department
- Family and Consumer Sciences Department
- Health and Physical Education Department
- Technology, Media & Business
- Mathematics Department
- Performing Arts Department
- Science and Engineering Department
- Social Sciences Department
- Visual Arts Department
- World Language Department
- Family-Counselor Connection: Events and Newsletters
- College Related Testing
- College Planning Night: For Juniors and Families
- Financial Aid Information
- Nuts & Bolts Night: For Seniors and Families
- Special Programs
- Forms and Documents
- Jobs for Students
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.