A little history:
Calvin Coolidge Elementary School was built in 1927. It was named for Calvin Coolidge who was a former Governor of Massachusetts and later served as President of the United States from 1923-1929. In its earlier years, the building had 12 classrooms. There were renovations to the original building in the mid-1980s and additions in 1995. In September 1995, four portable classrooms were added to the school, now occupied by the second grade classrooms. As of 2018, there are two Kindergarten classrooms, five 1st grade classrooms, four 2nd grade classrooms, four 3rd grade classrooms and four 4th grade classrooms. In addition to the grade level classrooms, there are numerous rooms for specialists such as ELL, Reading Tutors, ELC, Speech, OT, and SpEd.
Additionally, Coolidge School has:
- a full size gymnasium
- media center
- three full size baseball diamonds
- small basketball court
- Tennis Courts
We are just a stone's throw to Jordan Pond.
Read about the Re-dedication of Coolidge in June 1986.
Pictured at right, top: Coolidge School 1937-38 ( with Edward Anderson back row 5 from R)
Pictured at right, bottom: Coolidge School 1952 (with Mr. Anderson back row 3rd from left.)
Click on images at right for larger versions.
The Coolidge School mascot is the Northern Cardinal.
- Coolidge School on Facebook
- Coolidge School YouTube Channel
- Coolidge School Improvement Plan
- Dept. of Education School and District Profiles
- School Council Members
- Coolidge School Right to Know Information
New Student Registration
- Go to: /studentreg/process
Here are the lunch times according to grade:
- Kindergarten 11:00-11:25
- Grade 1 - 11:30 - 11:50
- Grade 2 - 11:55 - 12:15
- Grade 3 - 12:20 - 12:40
- Grade 4 - 12:45 - 1:05
- Lunch Menus
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- School Lunch (opens in new window)
- Bus Registration
- Supply Lists
- Parent Drop-off and Pick-up
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Resources for Families
Policies & Procedures
- Elementary Student Handbook (opens in new window)
- Bullying Pledge for Elementary Students (opens in new window)
- Prevention Education Regarding the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Prohibition of the Use of Alcohol, Tobacco/Nicotine, and Drugs by Students (opens in new window)
- Summer Resources (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.