Floral After School Activities Program
The Floral After School Activities Program (ASAP) offers hour-long classes that run once a week, after school, for 6 weeks.
REGISTRATION FOR FALL 2022 IS NOW OPEN THROUGH THE PARENT PORTAL. Payment must be made at the time of registration. Unpaid registrations will be deleted.
Class: Chess without Stress
Grades: 2, 3 and 4
Instructor: Ms. Bhatia
Schedule: Mondays 3:30-4:30
Class Size: 12
Room: Media Center
Dates: Oct 17, Oct 24, Oct 31, Nov 7, Nov 14, Nov 28
Description: Chess is a great educational tool that improves focus, develops creativity, builds resilience and confidence, and helps a child to remain calm, and think rationally under pressure. It also helps children realize the consequence of their actions. Chess is not always about winning. Sometimes it’s simply about learning and so is life. Chess without stress class is to teach chess in a fun and interactive way to anyone who is ready to learn it without forgoing the intricacies and the beauty within it. The goal is to provide our students a deep understanding of this beautiful mind game of chess, and to provide an outlet for your child’s creative and critical thinking.
- Students are supervised from 3:15-3:30 in the media center. Class begins at 3:30.
- There is no transportation provided for this class. Parents must pick up their child in the Floral lobby promptly at 4:30
- Students who are enrolled in extended day will be brought to the cafeteria after class and you may pick them up from ESC as you normally would
- Class fees are non-refundable. Credit will not be given if your child misses a class. If a class is cancelled (for inclement weather or teacher illness) we will make every effort to offer a make-up class on a different date
- Log into the Parent Portal.
- From the navigation menu on the left, select “Sports and Activities”
- Choose the class you wish to take by clicking “Assign Fee”
- From the navigation menu, select “Payment Center” and you will be redirected to School Pay
- Your spot is not reserved until you have completed your payment.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact:
Karen Isaacson, Director of Extended Learning
Additional classes will be offered in the Winter and Spring of 2023. Class titles vary depending on the interests and availability of the teachers.
Classes are only open to the students enrolled at Floral. Information about the classes will be posted here, and will be included in the principal's weekly email to parents.
- About Us
- Forms & Information
- Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Faculty & Staff
- Lunch Menu
- Policies & Procedures
- Supply Lists
- Support Organizations
- School Council
- Forms & Information
- Summer Resources (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.