WAIT LIST POLICY
All of the extended day programs have enrollment limits based on the space available in the building. The programs are typically full and maintain a waiting list. Depending on the school your child attends, it may take a year or more for a spot to open up. You only need to apply for the wait list once. We will keep you on the list until a space becomes available.
Wait list policy:
- If your student is currently enrolled in Shrewsbury Public Schools, you may be added to the wait list at any time. Please contact Karen Isaacson, Director of Extended Learning.
- If you are moving to Shrewsbury, you must register for school before being placed on the extended day wait list.
- If your child will be starting school in September of 2020, you will have the opportunity to enter your child's name in the extended day wait list lottery starting in December of 2019. The lottery will be drawn in April and will determine your place on the waiting list. Please note, any students on the 2019-2020 wait list who did not get a spot this year, will remain on the wait list for 2020-2021. Students in the lottery will be placed on the list after those on the existing wait list.
- Anyone applying for the wait list after the lottery closes will be placed at the bottom of the list based on date of application.
- We will begin offering spots for the 2020-2021 school year in May of 2020 and we continue to offer spots throughout the year as space becomes available.
When a spot becomes available:
- We will email you and call you to let you know there is an opening.
- You will typically have 5 days to decide if you want to accept the spot.
- If you decline the spot, you will be removed from the wait list. We cannot move you to the bottom of the list, but you will be welcome to reapply for the waiting list after the first day of school.
- We may offer you a limited spot if that is all we have available (such as Mondays and Wednesdays). If you require a five-day schedule you may decline the spot and still maintain your place on the waiting list, but we will offer the limited spot to someone below you on the list.
- Once your child is enrolled in the program, your spot is guaranteed through 6th grade if you choose to stay enrolled. Your spot is guaranteed even if you change schools.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students are guaranteed a spot in the program when they enter the school system.
- If you enroll in the after school program, you are only guaranteed enrollment in the after school program going forward. If you want to add before school care to your schedule you may have to go on the waiting list for a spot in that program. (The same holds true if you are only enrolled in the before school program and wish to add after school to your schedule.)
- Open spots for the next school year are filled first by students who are currently enrolled in extended day, including students who are changing schools. (For example, openings at Floral will go first to students who attended extended day at Beal and are changing schools for first grade.) Incoming siblings are then placed at their schools and any remaining spots are filled from the waiting list.
Special policies for Kindergarteners:
- Students enrolled in half-day morning Kindergarten are only eligible to attend the before school program (7:00-9:00AM), and students enrolled in afternoon Kindergarten are only eligible to attend the after school program (3:30-6:00). If you will require additional programming for first grade we will keep you on the waiting list for that spot for the next school year. You will not need to reapply.
- If you are on the extended day waiting list but decide not to enroll in the Shrewsbury Public Schools for Kindergarten, you will be removed from the wait list and will need to re-apply prior to enrolling in 1st grade.
- Extended School Care
- Summer Programs
- Vacation Programs
- After School Activities Program
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.