RSS feeds require a dedicated "reader" to subscribe and read them. There are many applications and apps out there and this will be device- or browser-specific. Here are some several links to both web-based and browser-based (add-ons) feed readers.
Choose your application from the list below for lists of popular RSS-compatible software. For these readers, you will need to copy the above URL and add it into your RSS reader of choice.
InoReader (opens in a new window) is popular RSS reader. It is clean, simple and powerful, and displays articles is several formats. Like many modern web-apps, InoReader offers a full suite of social "sharing" options. It also integrates with many other web-apps, e.g., Pocket, Evernote, and Readability. InoReader provides Android and iOS apps, plus a mobile site (opens in a new window) for other small format devices. There are also InoReader extensions for major browsers.
Feedly (opens in a new window) is similar to InoReader. It also displays the latest updates sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Blogtrotter (opens in a new window) is a unique service that accesses web feeds you subscribe to and relays them to your email inbox. It converts the content to a compact, easy-to-read format.
Netvibes (opens in a new window) offers a wide range of "widgets" and apps to access web feeds, tweets and other kinds of dynamic content. For example, there's an app that delivers all the latest news from Google, split up into 8 tabs for World, U.S., Business, Sci/Tech, Sports, Entertainment, Health and Most Popular.
Add-ons/Extensions for browsers and web-apps for smartphones and tablets combine many of the advantages of desktop readers and web-based readers like Google Reader. They have a small footprint and can be "instantly" installed/uninstalled as well. Like web-based readers, an add-on reader creates an efficient browser-centric workspace, with good workflow for feed-based tasks.
Mozilla has many popular feed-reader add-ons for Firefox. You can add them to Firefox from the extensions pages. Brief (opens in a new window) is a Firefox extension and is powerful and simple at the same time. Brief is an excellent, capable replacement for Google Reader. Both of these Firefox extensions integrate directly with Live Bookmarks. There are also many other feed reader extensions for Firefox (opens in a new window).
NewsBlur (opens in a new window) is an RSS reader that you can "train" (like/dislike) to show you just the kind of posts you want to see from each feed. The free version of NewsBlur is limited to 64 feeds, but that is enough for many users. Free iPad/iPhone apps, Android apps, Windows Phone 8 apps, browser add-ons, and more are offered.
RSS Subscription Extension (opens in a new window) adds RSS feed discovery and subscription options to Chrome. The extension comes with 4 feed readers predefined (Google Reader, iGoogle, Bloglines and My Yahoo). Other Chrome RSS reader extensions can be found in their extensions marketplace.
- Mission & Core Values
- Portrait of a Graduate
- 2023-2027 Strategic Planning
- 2018-2022 Strategic Priorities and Goals
- School Department Report - 2021 Shrewsbury Annual Town Report
- 2018 & 2019 Annual Report
- Leading The Nation & Amazing Educators
- Feedback From Stakeholders
- State of the District
- Student Enrollment & Staffing Levels
- Bullying Prevention & Intervention
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar (In Portuguese)
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar (In Spanish)
- Delays, Dismissals, Cancellations, & Last Day Calendar
- Dismissal Information for Early Release Days due to Professional Development
- 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
- Calendar Committee Report - January 2016 (opens in new window)
- Calendar Committee Slide Presentation - January 2016 (opens in new window)
- Coronavirus Information
- Equity Information
- Community Bulletin
- Shrewsbury School Journal
- Superintendent's Blog (opens in new window)
- Superintendent's Update
- Mailing Lists
- Social Media
- Mandated Notifications
- Interpretation & Translation Services
- Translate a Document or Website Page
- 2018 & 2019 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report (opens in new window)
- 2015 Annual Report (opens in new window)
- District Communications Survey Results Fall 2019 (opens in new window)
- District Communications Survey Slide Presentation December 2019 (opens in new window)
- Contact Us
- Enrollment Data
- Frequently Requested Forms & Applications
- Safety & Security
- Shrewsbury Education Association (opens in new window)
- Student Registration
- Support Organizations
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Well-Being Guide
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.