Community Bulletin Protocol
In the spring of 2010, the School Committee’s policy was updated to prohibit the distribution of paper notices through the schools and to require information to be communicated electronically through a central, district-wide source. Flyers, registration documents, etc. from qualifying groups are posted on the School Department’s Community Bulletins web site. A weekly Community Bulletins e-mail will be sent during business hours on Mondays, or on Tuesday when there is a Monday holiday. This schedule may vary during school vacation periods.
Information that is only relevant to a particular school or schools (e.g., PTO announcements) may be distributed through a school’s individual list serv at the principal’s discretion.
The protocol for utilizing the school district’s Community Bulletin service is as follows:
- Review the School Committee policy on distribution to determine whether your organization is qualified to distribute information through the Community Bulletins list serv and web site (typically non-profit groups promoting athletic, cultural, recreational, and social activities for students and their families).
- At least one week prior to the desired date of distribution, the organization must send an e-mail that includes the following:
- A Microsoft Word document that includes a blurb of a maximum of 150 words to be sent in the weekly list serv e-mail. This blurb may contain a web link to the organization’s web site, or may indicate that a flyer, registration form, etc. will be posted to the Community Bulletins web site (see below)
- If applicable, a copy of flyer, registration document, etc. in either Word or PDF format to be posted on the Community Bulletins web site. If your blurb refers to this document, the School Department will create this link and include it in your blurb.
- The School Department is not responsible for editing blurbs, flyers, etc. for content, grammar, or spelling, nor is it responsible for the content of any web site connected to a link provided. However, the School Department may edit items for brevity, clarity, etc. at its discretion.
- Informational items for a single event, registration for an activity, etc. will be included in up to two e-mail distributions; exceptions to this may be made by the superintendent of schools or a designee. The superintendent or a designee will determine the length of time that flyers or other documents remain posted on the Community Bulletins web site.
- Information about school events, fundraisers, and other activities may also be included in community bulletins and hosted on the community bulletin board web page, and may also be publicized through other communications originating within the school district.
Such distribution will be at the discretion of the superintendent of schools, principal, or designee.
- Mission & Core Values
- Portrait of a Graduate
- 2018-2022 Strategic Priorities and Goals
- 2018 & 2019 Annual Report
- Leading The Nation & Amazing Educators
- Feedback From Stakeholders
- State of the District
- Student Enrollment & Staffing Levels
- Bullying Prevention & Intervention
- 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
- Delays, Dismissals, Cancellations, & Last Day Calendar
- Dismissal Information for Early Release Days due to Professional Development
- 2020-2021 School Year Calendar
- Updated 2019-2020 School Year Calendar
- Important Information regarding the Updated 2019-2020 School Year Calendar
- 2018-2019 School Year Calendar (opens in new window)
- 2017-2018 School Year Calendar (opens in new window)
- Calendar Committee Report - January 2016 (opens in new window)
- Calendar Committee Slide Presentation - January 2016 (opens in new window)
- Coronavirus Information
- Equity Information
- Reopening Information
- SPS Elementary Remote Learning Assignments - Cohorts A, B, C, D
- SPS Remote Learning During School Closure
- Community Bulletin
- Shrewsbury School Journal
- Superintendent's Blog (opens in new window)
- Superintendent's Update
- Mailing Lists
- Social Media
- Mandated Notifications
- Interpretation & Translation Services
- 2018 & 2019 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report (opens in new window)
- 2015 Annual Report (opens in new window)
- District Communications Survey Results Fall 2019 (opens in new window)
- District Communications Survey Slide Presentation December 2019 (opens in new window)
- Contact Us
- Frequently Requested Forms & Applications
- Shrewsbury Education Association (opens in new window)
- Student Registration
- Support Organizations
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Well-Being Guide
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.