Below is the text of the survey items sent to families. They have been listed here so that families who need to translate the survey items may do so by using the Google Translate feature on our website. To utilize Google Translate:
- scroll to the bottom of the page
- click the inverted triangle next to the google logo
- select the language you would like the document translated into
To take the survey, you must click on this link and fill out the survey there: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPS_Families_March_2021
If you have questions, please contact Beth McCollum at email@example.com or 508-841-8400 (press #8 option for Superintendent’s Office).
SPS Family Feedback on Returning to Full, In-Person Learning – March 2021
Important: Please complete a separate survey for each child in your family who attends SPS.
Our school district's focus for this school year has been to develop a safe school environment for our students and staff that prioritizes everyone's well-being and enables high levels of learning for all.
As the levels of positive cases and positive tests for COVID-19 have been moving in the right direction, and as public health and educational guidance evolves, our leadership team has continued to work on the logistics that would be required regarding possibilities for return to a full, in-person instructional model. As we are expecting more formal, updated state regulations and guidance later this week, it is important to know where families stand regarding the potential of a full, in-person return to school. I ask that you complete this survey as soon as possible, and by the end of the day Friday at the latest. If you have more than one child in the school district, please repeat the survey separately for each of your children, as having information specific to each school and grade level is very important for our planning.
Families in Cohort D Only: Please note that this anonymous survey is different from the information we have asked you to provide though the PowerSchool Parent Portal. I would appreciate it if you would complete this information and also make your choice in the Parent Portal. Thank you.
Thank you very much for your assistance and your continued support of our schools.
Superintendent of Schools
* 1. Please indicate the school your child attends:
(If your child is in a remote elementary class, please choose the school your child would attend in person)
Parker Road Preschool
Little Colonials Preschool Program at SHS
Beal Early Childhood Center
Floral Street School
Spring Street School
Sherwood Middle School
Oak Middle School
Shrewsbury High School
* 2. Please indicate your child's current grade level:
* 3. My child's current cohort is:
Cohort A (attends school in person 4 or 5 days per week)
Cohort B or C (attends school in person 2 days per week)
Cohort D (all remote program)
* 4. In order to return to full, in-person instruction, distancing between students will need to be less than 6 feet in classrooms. Other mitigation strategies will remain, including:
- Universal mask wearing by students and staff
- HVAC systems to ensure proper ventilation
- Weekly pooled surveillance testing of staff
- Weekly pooled surveillance testing of students (potentially expanding to lower grades)
- Thorough and timely contact tracing when there is a positive case
- Cleaning/disinfecting protocols
- Following guidance for students for lunch, recess, mask breaks
- Emphasizing staying home if sick
- Emphasizing hand washing/sanitizing
Given the mitigation strategies listed above, please indicate how confident you feel regarding your child's level of risk if more students are in classrooms with less than 6-foot distancing among students.
*Not confident at all *Somewhat confident *Neutral *Confident *Highly confident
5. Proposed state regulations would require local districts to phase out hybrid learning models, beginning in April and starting with elementary grades, and instead provide full, in-person learning for five days per week. Families will be able to remain in or choose the full-remote option (Cohort D) for the remainder of this year.
Please select the option below that describes which learning program you plan to choose for your child:
My child would participate in the full, IN-PERSON learning program for five days per week
My child would participate in the FULL-REMOTE program
I'm not sure at this time
6. Please add any comments you would like to share to help us in our planning for possibilities of a safe and successful return to full, in-person learning. Please note that these comments may be published publicly; please do not use your child's name, your name, or the names of staff members. As always, if you have specific questions or feedback please reach out to school staff directly. Thank you.