SPS At-Home Antigen Rapid Test Opt-In Letter For Families
At Shrewsbury Public Schools, keeping our students safe and in school is our top priority. We are writing to let you know, in accordance with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the Department of Public Health (DPH), our district is updating our COVID-19 Testing Program, effective January 31st. We are opting into an at-home testing program that will increase testing of our participating students and staff, regardless of vaccination status. For more information about this update to the statewide testing program, please click here.
The addition of the at-home testing option will begin in early February. In addition to this new at-home antigen test option, we will continue with routine COVID safety checks (pooled testing) and/or symptomatic testing during the week. As part of this shift in the program, we are discontinuing the Test and Stay Program and contact tracing for inschool close contacts. This new at-home testing opportunity is voluntary and only those who opt in will receive tests. We strongly encourage you to fill out the form by January 27th to opt in so that you can start as soon as the test kits are ready. We’ll leave the Opt-In form open until the program ends. The new At-Home Rapid Test requires a second and different opt in process from the previously implemented Weekly Pooled Testing Program (see #1 below).
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Testing Programs in our Schools:
1. At-Home Rapid Antigen Testing: Test kits will be distributed every other Wednesday for testing at home on Wednesday evening before coming to school on Thursdays. Students who opt in for testing will receive a 2-pack of test kits every other week. These tests are to be used only for the student for surveillance testing weekly, not for symptomatic testing.
*************Click this link to opt in: https://forms.gle/AcdamtnYDoV93xL3A
2. Routine COVID Safety Checks (pooled testing) every Tuesday (test kits distributed on Mondays). If you have not yet signed up and would like to participate, here is the link for consent: https://www.cichealth.com/consent/ma?district=null#consent
3. Symptomatic Testing is available at our testing location on Maple Ave. Testing must be approved before arrival at the site. Please email email@example.com AND your school nurse to request approval for testing. Please include your child’s full name and information regarding symptoms and any close contacts to a positive case.
Overview: At-Home Rapid Testing Program
- About the at-home test kits: iHealth is a 15-minute at-home FDA-approved rapid antigen test.
- Opt-In: To participate, you must opt in by completing the opt-in form linked above. By opting in, you will agree to review the training materials for test administration, report positive test results, and administer the tests according to SPS guidelines. Please refer to this link: https://schools.shrewsburyma.gov/district/covid-testing-information for more information.
- Test Kit Distribution: Every two weeks your child will receive a 2-pack of iHealth at-home rapid test kits at school. Only those who have completed the Opt-In Form will be on the student roster and authorized to receive a kit. Each kit contains two individual tests. You will assist your child to administer one test each week on Wednesday evening before coming to school on Thursday.
- Reporting Positive Test Results: If your child tests positive on an at-home antigen test, you must send a confidential email to your child’s school nurse (see below for school nurse emails). The district will keep the results confidential and will not make individual results public. In addition, it is strongly recommended that you inform your healthcare professional of the positive result. Negative results do not need to be reported.
- Easy, Free, and Flexible: This test is administered at home (not at school), reducing the burden on school staff to administer tests, and increasing your flexibility to do testing in the home for free.
- It is NOT recommended that individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days test again until the 90 days have elapsed.
**This program is being financed by the State of Massachusetts and administered by the MA Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education for the protection of staff and students in our public schools.
How do I administer the test?
● Click here or copy the link below into your browser for a full “how to” written guide in various languages
● Click here or copy the link below into your browser for a video of an individual self-testing
School nurse email addresses:
Parker Road Preschool - Rachael Tucker - firstname.lastname@example.org
Beal School - Ann Lambert - email@example.com
Coolidge School - Sandy Sorenson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Floral Street School - Kristin Stewich - email@example.com Maureen Pellizzari - firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Street School - Rebecca Carle - email@example.com
Paton School - Lisa Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherwood Middle School - Kristin Franger and Linda Berard - email@example.com
Oak Middle School - Lisa Arteca and Loreen Yearick - firstname.lastname@example.org
Shrewsbury High School - Pam Johnson, Brenda Filiere, and Michele Rogers - email@example.com
- Mission & Core Values
- Portrait of a Graduate
- Sleep Health Advisory Committee/School Start Times
- 2023-2027 Strategic Planning
- 2018-2022 Strategic Priorities and Goals
- School Department Report - 2021 Shrewsbury Annual Town Report
- 2018 & 2019 Annual Report
- Leading The Nation & Amazing Educators
- Feedback From Stakeholders
- State of the District
- Student Enrollment & Staffing Levels
- Bullying Prevention & Intervention
- 2023-2024 School Year Calendar
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar (In Portuguese)
- 2022-2023 School Year Calendar (In Spanish)
- Delays, Dismissals, Cancellations, & Last Day Calendar
- Dismissal Information for Early Release Days due to Professional Development
- 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
- Calendar Committee Report - January 2016 (opens in new window)
- Calendar Committee Slide Presentation - January 2016 (opens in new window)
- Coronavirus Information
- Equity Information
- Community Bulletin
- Shrewsbury School Journal
- Superintendent's Blog (opens in new window)
- Superintendent's Update
- Mailing Lists
- Social Media
- Mandated Notifications
- Interpretation & Translation Services
- Translate a Document or Website Page
- 2018 & 2019 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report (opens in new window)
- 2015 Annual Report (opens in new window)
- District Communications Survey Results Fall 2019 (opens in new window)
- District Communications Survey Slide Presentation December 2019 (opens in new window)
- Contact Us
- Enrollment Data
- Frequently Requested Forms & Applications
- Safety & Security
- Shrewsbury Education Association (opens in new window)
- Student Registration
- Support Organizations
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Well-Being Guide
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.