SILP ATTENDANCE POLICY
- ALL lessons are held at Sherwood Middle School.
- Make up lessons will be scheduled for school cancellations, instructor absences, and conflicts with Music Department events (with advance notice to the instructor).
- Students are expected to attend all regularly scheduled lessons. Lessons missed (forgetfulness, illness, transportation difficulties, doctor’s appointments, sports conflicts, etc.) are not excused and will not be made up. Occasionally, and with advance notice, an instructor may be able to accommodate student schedule changes as their own schedule permits.
- Student absences involving a major injury to a student or a prolonged illness will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Instructors are expected to teach 14 lessons each semester. Lessons missed by the instructor (illness, professional conflict, etc.) will be rescheduled prior to the end of the semester. If a missed lesson can not be rescheduled the cost will be credited to the next semester or refunded.
- Students may withdraw from the program only at the end of the semester. No refunds will be issued.
Please take note of your child’s lesson instructor (including email address and phone number) as all communication regarding absences/rescheduling is to be made directly with him/her.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.