Welcome to a new school year at Floral Media Center! Our names are Mrs. Turner and Mrs. Shaughnessy, and we are excited to be teaching the media lessons for all classes in grades K-4. We work in partnership with our library media specialist, Mrs. Zimmerman, in presenting lessons designed to develop an appreciation of literature and to learn a variety of library and technical skills.
A few key things to know about Media classes:
● Students may borrow one book at a time
● Books are typically due in one week, but students may renew longer books if they need more time to finish. The Media Center will also be open from 8:30 - 9:00 daily if students have finished their book and want to choose a new one before their next class
● Students who do not return their book will not be allowed to take a new book until they return the book from home
● Please select a place at home to keep library books safe from pets and toddlers
● If a book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the student’s family will be responsible for paying a replacement fee
The media program strives to provide a joyful and enriching first library experience for our young people. The Media Center contains books at a variety of reading levels which feature diverse characters and opinions. The media staff will encourage children to choose “just right” books for their reading and interest levels. However, if your child chooses a book that you feel is not suitable for them, please send a note and the teacher will allow your child to stop by the Media Center and exchange it for another book before their next class.
Thank you for your continued support,
Anne Marie Turner and Susan Shaughnessy
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.