SHS NURSING/HEALTH OFFICE
SHS Nursing Staff
Pamela Johnson,BSN, RN, NCSN
Brenda Filiere,BSN, RN, NCSN
Michele Rogers,BSN, RN, BCWCC
Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns regarding your child. We can be reached form 7:30am - 2:30pm.
Some other important information to share with you:
If your child has an extended absence due to illness or injury, please contact us. We can help troubleshoot obtaining homework and can answer questions related to attendance.
At the High School level, students are encouraged to keep their inhalers in their possession at all times. With the school being as large as it is, it just makes sense for the students to have access to their emergency medication as quickly as possible. Epipens are kept in our Nurses' Office, but we ask that you provide your child with an extra one to keep with them if they are athletes or are involved in after-school activities. All other medications that need to be administered to your child during the school day must be brought into the Health Office by a parent!
Under MIAA rules, a student's physical exam is good for 13 months from the date of the exam; i.e. an exam performed on 9/1/2012 will be valid until 10/1/2013. Students who participate in sports need to have a valid physical exam on record here in our office that is current through their entire sport season. If your child's physical exam expires during the sport season, they will be exempt from play until a new physical exam is provided to us.
- EpiPen Recall Information for Parents
- MA Immunization Requirements for School Entry
- MA Immunization Guidelines for Adults
- Heads Up Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents
- 2015-16 Concussion Report to School Committee
- SPS Concussion Manual
- E-cigarette info for parents
- E-cigarette/Vaping info
- E-cigarettes: Talk with Your Teen
- Flu Vaccine Guide for Parents
- Head Lice (Pediculosis capitis) Fact Sheet
- Lead Levels in Children
- LGBTQ Family resource (PFLAG.org)
- Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet
- MRSA Fact Sheet
- MRSA FAQ's for Parents/Students
- Parent Power - Drug and Alcohol Resources from MA DPH
- Parent Tool Kit
- Recovery Support Info from MA DPH
- Shrewsbury Coalition for Addiction Prevention and Education (SCAPE)
- Social Host Law Information for Parents
- Summer Safety Tips
- Tick Season Information
- Tick Identification Card
Resources re: 13 Reasons Why:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.