Bus Privilege Registration 2017-2018
All students who wish to use bus transportation are REQUIRED to be registered each year, regardless of whether fees apply. (This includes families who have reached the family cap.)
Students that attend private schools in Shrewsbury or Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School can register using the Online Process.
Students that attend Shrewsbury Public Schools can register using their Powerschool Parent Portal account. Please read information BELOW.
The Parent Portal has reopened for bus registration for the 2017-2018 school year.
Returning students from last year will be assigned a minimum $50.00 late fee upon registration. The late fee is in addition to the $275.00 bus fee which may apply.
If you are new to the district, you will not be assigned the $50.00 late fee.
Both fees, if applicable, must be paid in full before your student will be approved for busing.
If you will not be registering for bus transportation for the upcoming year, no action is necessary.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the transportation director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Procedure - (Click HERE for illustrated instructions for registration and the new online payment.)
STEP 1: Online Registration - The registration process begins with the online portion through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you cannot access your Parent Portal account, please email the registrar Diane Abbott. A message will be displayed during the registration process stating whether or not a fee is required. Print the online registration confirmation form for your records. If no fee is due, your registration is complete.
STEP 2: Payment, if required*- if payment is required, families will see a link to use our NEW online payment option or choose to send in payment in the form of check or money order. The printed registration confirmation form must be submitted by June 30th or postmarked by that date to avoid a late fee.
*Payment Requirements - All students in grades K-6 who reside 2.0 miles or less from their school and students in grades 7-12 are REQUIRED to pay the fee. The bus fee is $275.00 per child with a $825.00 family cap.
STEP 3: Bus Stop Information - Parents/Guardians will obtain bus number and stop location information in late August by accessing the PowerSchool Parent Portal. No information will be sent to homes. The Transportation Department will communicate by email when the information is available in the Parent Portal.
- Late Fee - A $50.00 per child late fee with $150.00 family cap will be incurred for late bus registrations and/or payment. PLEASE NOTE: Our transportation department begins the routing process immediately following the conclusion of the registration time frame. Therefore students will NOT be guaranteed bus privileges for the first few weeks of school unless BOTH registration and payment are received at the school department office on or before June 30th at 4:30 p.m. or postmarked by the deadline on June 30, 2017. This is absolutely necessary to: allow for internal processing and adequate time for our transportation contractor to plan routes, check route timing, train the drivers, and to evaluate the ridership capacity to ensure the safety and comfort of all students transported.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Qualifications - Students who have qualified for free and reduced lunch are entitled to free transportation provided that an application for qualification has been submitted and approved each year. Click HERE for details.
- Refund Policy - Refunds will be issued if the refund request is received by 4:30 pm on August 29, 2017. A processing fee of $25 per student will be deducted from the refund request. However, if there is a question regarding your need for transportation for the upcoming year, you are encouraged to apply and send in payment to avoid the late fee. The Business Office will individually consider all refund requests. Having all registration information before the routing is arranged is extremely beneficial for our contractor to ensure efficiency and safety for all of our students.
Please refer to the Transportation Policies and Procedures document and the FAQ document under the left navigation/section menu. Many updates and changes have been instituted. General questions can be sent via email.
Forms and Applications
- Bus Change Request Form
- Daycare Transportation Request Form
- Powerschool Parent Portal Instructions
- Student Bus Conduct Report
- Translated Bus Registration Instructions
- Translated Power School Parent Portal changes