Student Registration Process 2016-2017
Children must be 5 years old by August 31 to enter Kindergarten and 6 years old by August 31 to enter Grade 1.
Students enrolling for Preschool must call 508-841-8646 to check if space is available and for age requirements before completing the registration form.
Information regarding 2017-2018 Kindergarten Registration can be found HERE.
Town Hall, Office of the Superintendent of Schools
100 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury MA 01545
To register your child you will need to:
Go online at http://schools.shrewsburyma.
- Student's birth certificate with raised seal or valid passport - Photocopies will not be accepted
- Legal document showing both child's name and name(s) of parent(s) (if not on Birth Certificate)
- One of the following from the parent/legal guardian registering the child/children: Valid MA Driver's License, Valid MA Photo ID Card, Valid Passport or other Valid Government Issued Photo ID
- Immunization Records & Copy of Last Physical
- Last Report Card for students grades 1 through 8 and Transcripts for students grade 9 through 12
- Two forms of Residency (Gas/oil bill, electric bill, cable bill, water bill, real estate tax bill, signed * Purchase & Sales agreement or signed Lease. (All must be dated within the last 30 days)
- IEP (Special Education Records) if applicable
- 504 Plan (if applicable)
- Home Language Survey (only needed if someone in the family speaks another language besides English)
- Signed Release Form
- Custody papers showing you have physical custody (if applicable)
- Restraining order (if applicable)
- Click here to access the online registration form. (Must be completed at least 24 hours in advance of registration appointment.)
Shrewsbury must be the legal residence of parent/guardian and students in order to attend school in Shrewsbury Public Schools. If using a P&S agreement, you must be residing in the home within 60 days of the closing date listed on the P&S according to School Committee policy. Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 76, Section 5 states: Every person shall have a right to attend the public schools of the town where he/she actually resides, subject to the following section. No school committee is required to enroll a person who does not actually reside in the town unless said enrollment is authorized by law or by the school committee. Any person who violates or assists in the violation of this provision may be required to remit full restitution to the town of the improperly-attended public schools. No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town, or in obtaining the advantages, privileges and courses of study of such public school on account of race, color, sex, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. (Amended by st. 1971, c.622, c.1; st. 1973, c. 925, s.9A, st. 1993, c.282; st.2004, c.352, s.33)
If warranted, residency checks may be conducted by the School Department or the Shrewsbury Police Department at any time during a child's enrollment in the Shrewsbury Public Schools.
Once completed, it takes 3 to 4 school days before the child can start school.
Forms and Applications