The mission of SMS is:
- To provide a safe, respectful, and nurturing environment in which the entire learning community addresses the unique developmental needs of 5th and 6th grade students.
- To encourage students to reach their academic, artistic, social, emotional, and physical potential.
- To prepare students to be productive citizens both in and out of school.
Sherwood Middle School's Core Values
1. All members of the SMS community demonstrate RESPECT for others.
- We treat each other the way we want to be treated.
- We respect school and personal property.
- We maintain self-control.
2. All members of the SMS community model the importance of being HONEST
- We tell the truth, even when it is very difficult to do
- We gain the trust and friendship of others by modeling good behavior.
- We are honest with ourselves and with others.
3. All members of the SMS community demonstrate PERSEVERANCE in all aspects of learning.
- We never give up even when things do not work out the way we had hoped.
- We continuously strive to improve.
- We have confidence that if we believe in ourselves, we can achieve our goals through effective effort.
4. All members of the SMS community assume RESPONSIBILITY for success.
- We set high expectations for academic performance and social growth, and we are thoughtful and purposeful in pursuing these goals.
- We promote independent learning and thinking.
- We stand up for what is fair and just by taking appropriate action.
News and Announcements