General Preschool Enrollment Information
Applicants must be Shrewsbury residents. Non-resident employees of the Town of Shrewsbury may complete an application and if room permits your child may be eligible to attend one of our preschool programs.
Click here to complete ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM – MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU COME IN TO MEET WITH THE REGISTRAR WITH THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK.
1. 5 digit confirmation number that you get once you have completed the online registration
2. Student’s birth certificate with raised seal and valid passport if applicable – Photocopies will not be accepted
3. Legal document showing both child’s name and name(s) of parent(s) (if not on Birth Certificate)
4. One of the following: Driver’s License, Photo ID Card, Valid Passport or other Valid Government Issued Photo ID
5. Immunization Records & Copy of Last Physical (you have until August 1st to get this to us)
6. Two forms of Residency (Gas/oil bill, electric bill, water bill, real estate tax bill, signed Purchase & Sales agreement or signed Lease. (All must be dated within the last 45 days)
7. Home Language Survey (if anyone in the home speaks another language besides English)
8. Check for $75.00 deposit made payable to Shrewsbury Public Schools
Shrewsbury must be the legal residence of parent/guardian and students in order to attend school in Shrewsbury Public Schools. If using a P&S agreement, you must be residing in the home within 60 days of the closing date listed on the P&S according to School Committee policy. Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 76, Section 5 states: Every person shall have a right to attend the public schools of the town where he/she actually resides, subject to the following section. No school committee is required to enroll a person who does not actually reside in the town unless said enrollment is authorized by law or by the school committee. Any person who violates or assists in the violation of this provision may be required to remit full restitution to the town of the improperly-attended public schools. No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town, or in obtaining the advantages, privileges and courses of study of such public school on account of race, color, sex, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. (Amended by st. 1971, c.622, c.1; st. 1973, c. 925, s.9A, st. 1993, c.282; st.2004, c.352, s.33)
If warranted, residency checks may be conducted by the School Department or the Shrewsbury Police Department at any time during a child's enrollment in the Shrewsbury Public Schools.
Once completed, it takes 3 to 4 school days before the child can start school.