Extended School Care
Extended School Care is a non-profit organization that provides quality before and after school care for children in kindergarten through sixth grade. Operated by the Shrewsbury Public Schools, the program is fully funded through parent fees.
Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where students can engage in enrichment activities, participate in recreational programming and socialize with their peers. Time is also set aside each day for students to work on their homework. Our experienced and caring staff members create fun and innovative programming for students of all ages, interests and abilities. We focus on building positive relationships, developing social skills, strengthening self-esteem, and encouraging independence, responsibility and good decision-making. Our programs are located within the school building at Beal, Coolidge, Floral, Paton, Spring and Sherwood.
All of our after school programs are full for the 2017-2018 school year and have waiting lists. There is limited availability in some of our before school programs - please call to inquire about availability. Please note, your child must be enrolled in school for the 2017-2018 school year in order to be placed on the wait list at this time.
For complete wait list policies click here.
New Enrollment for 2018-2019
If your child will be enrolling in the Shrewsbury Public Schools in September of 2018 and you are interested in the extended day program, please fill out this brief form:
Extended Day Wait List Lottery Form 2018-2019
The lottery will be drawn in April to determine your place on the extended day wait list.
Please note: If your child is already on the wait list for 2017-2018, you do not need to reapply for the list.
Program Director: Karen Isaacson
Sherwood Middle School
28 Sherwood Ave
For billing questions, please contact:
Mary Rana, assistant to the director
- Beal - 508-841-8861, BealESC@shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Coolidge - 508-841-8881, CoolidgeESC@shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Paton - 508-841-8628, PatonESC@shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Floral - 508-841-8743, FloralESC@shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Sherwood - 508-841-8696, SherwoodESC@shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
- Spring - 508-841-8702, SpringESC@shrewsbury.k12.ma.us
Before School: 7:00AM until the start of the school day. (no before school program at Sherwood Middle School)
After School: begins at school dismissal and closes at 6:00PM
Holidays and Vacation Weeks
Extended School Care follows the Shrewsbury Public School calendar. It opens on the first day of school and closes on the last. We are closed for all school holidays, professional days and vacation weeks.
Early Release Days
We are open from dismissal until 6pm. Your child must be regularly scheduled to attend on those days in order to participate in early release day programming.
- Morning and afternoon sessions of Extended School Care will not be in operation during snow days called by the Shrewsbury Public Schools.
- In the case of a delayed start of school the Extended School Care morning sessions will also be closed, however our afternoon sessions will open as usual.
- If it becomes necessary to dismiss the schools early, you will receive a telephone call from the school department outlining the new dismissal time and procedures. Due to the concerns over worsening conditions and for the safety of staff and children, ESC will not open. Students will either need to take the bus home or be picked up at school at the new dismissal time. Please have an alternate plan in place for these rare occasions.
- If the schools do not dismiss early but it becomes necessary for ESC to close before 6:00 pm parents will be notified by telephone. Please make sure we can reach you on such occasions.
Annual tuition is based on the 180-day school calendar and is divided into 10 equal monthly payments for convenience. Monthly rates do not vary based on the number of school days per month. We are unable to give credit for absences from the program.
Tuition payment is due by the first of the month. Please mail or deliver to 28 Sherwood Ave.